Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BHO extraction via alcohol

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by RyanBroo, Jul 22, 2013.

1. #1 RyanBroo, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
    Gentlemen,

For months now I have seen BHO an the typical extraction via butane. After a quick google search for the strongest THC concentrate though, I was suprised to not see BHO at the top. The website at the top of the list talked about making honey oil using alchohol instead of butane for extraction.

http://www.brainresin.com/equipment.html

I know the two can be used interchangeably, but the reason why I post here today is to find out certain advantages and disadvantages to doing so. Is the alcohol extraction safer and/or healthier then the butane? Is either of the extractions better to extract the THC from the bud? Is butane easier to use? Just curious as I was unsure of the differences myself.

R.A

2. #2 Ronald U. Swanson, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
    Alcohol is slower, easier, and safer. Use 95% ethyl alcohol.

Butane is quicker, more pure, more dangerous, and more expensive.
    Use 5 times refined butane for best, cleanest results.