Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BHO chocolate truffles

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by deadphishcheez4, Aug 10, 2012.

1. When I started using my oil rig, I decided to only hit oil out of it. It turned out great because some honey colored 'claim started building up in the chamber and dripping down under the nail. I decided the best thing to do would be to make edibles out of it.

This isn't really a guide, it's just what I did to make what I think are prettay prettay prettaayyy good edibles. :p

Materials Used:

}-BHO Reclaim.. ~ 1g-
    }-Everclear.. not much at all maybe 1/2 cup
    }-Pot of boiling water over stove
    }-Pan** you should probably use a pyrex bowl or something thats much more efficient for a double boiler setup. Pan worked fine for this small scale.
    }-Semi sweet chocolate chips, or chopped up yourself
    }-Heavy Whipping Cream
    }-Spoon
    [​IMG]

I took the everclear and poured it in the bubbler after running a little hot water through just to warm it up. I shook it and the everclear became everyellow and the bub was clean in about 20 seconds.

I poured the result into the pan over the boiler. I tilted the pan first to make it all collect.
    [​IMG]

I heated that alcohol up for a while at a low temp. I didn't know exactly what temp it was, but I could touch my finger to the pan for about 3 comfortable seconds before it was too hot.

I waited about a half hour until I had a pretty hot solution. I didn't see any solids in it, so I poured some warmed up heavy cream in the pan and heated some more.

After that, I put some chocolate chips in there, then stirred it around until it was melted.** If you are following me on this, don't heat too long at this part, this is about the only part where you can screw it up, because something about the chemistry in the chocolate will just completely change the texture into a nasty pasty thing. Just get it melted then lift off the pot and stir stir stir. Get it all as combined as possible just so the dosing is equal.

Place the 'ganache' (melty choco stuff) in the fridge for about 2 hours.:bongin:
    Come back, and :eek::eek: It's now hardened, and you can proceed to scoop them out!
    [​IMG]

The best tool for this is a melon baller, like a small ice cream scoop or something. I just used a spoon and then rolled them in to a ball like form. If they don't come out beautifully round just cover them in plastic, and put them in the fridge for a while, and come back and shape them with the plastic over them so they don't melt on your hands.

I gave one to my roommate and I ate the equivalent of one when I licked the spoon and bowl remnants. We were quite medicated.

If anyone has any questions, or if anyone can tell me ways to improve this method I love constructive criticism!
    I highly recommend this recipe because putting the alcohol in the pan and heating it first is a good way to make sure our body absorbs the cannabanoids, so I immediately thought of a recipe that also takes place in a double boiler.

:D Happy edibling!

2. #2 BadKittySmiles, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2012

It's great to see you have an interest in edible canna, and it's a very good start! :smoke:

Try infusing with oil, after you've stripped the glandular material using alcohol, for a greater or more reliable and complete
    delivery of potency to the blood stream.. you'll get more sensation from less material that way, by encouraging your body
    to absorb more. :hello:

Bioavailability is the reason that Green and Golden (hash) Dragons can take so long to make, even when initiated with heat.

Green and Golden Dragons can take weeks to become very bioavailable, in spite of the fact that cleaning your pipes
    may only takes a few seconds, or minutes
    ... this results in early or premature doses, being much larger than necessary.

Stripping glandular material from a bong or inert plant matter, and melting it to the naked eye is one thing, but actually
    creating a boavailable solution, from those resulting 'free-floating cannabinoids', is another entirely. ;)

It takes more time to promote the same level of absorption, when using alcohol, than it does with oil.

In other words, you're better off transferring the potency to oil, if you're in a rush!

If you're not in a rush, prepare to wait a few weeks.. the very best dragons are usually several months old by the
    time they reach oil-potency.

It can certainly work to a certain degree right away (like you, and many other 'eager' Dragon makers, have noticed!)
    but if you'd given it the time required to make a fully functional Dragon, you could have quartered your doses and had
    stronger, longer-lasting effects from a mere fraction of the material!

Other than that, it's just like most of the Truffles and Canna Chocolate we make up in the CannaPharm sticky, except
    we often make ours from scratch, using cacao butter, cacao/cocoa powder, vanilla, sugar, and cream or powdered milk. :hello:

---

Tip - Melted chocolate bars are actually 'dry', and can be very hydrophobic in a way... water and non-powdered
    milk, can cause it to 'seize' while warm, which stops the melt, and will ruin the texture when tempering... so you
    need to be careful!

Chocolate is hydrophobic, but alcohol has a much lower surface tension allowing you a little more leeway.

There is a downfall...

Sudden seizing, when relying on alcohol, can indicate you've evaporated and lost most, or all of your alcohol,
    reducing the little bioavailability you otherwise could have had, even further.

An easy 'cheat' to fix this, texture-wise, is to reduce the heat and simply add more oil, drop by drop, until the properties
    of the oil source overtake the chocolate. This can fix the texture, but will do very little for increasing bioavailability.

---

We use fully matured Dragon with moist chocolate Christmas truffles, and for both 'rum balls' and hash liqueur cordials.

We also use our Dragons for Canna Tiramisu cake. :)

A few other things we use Dragon, and canna chocolate, truffles and canna ganache for...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this helps, good luck and have fun! :wave:

3. So once I clean out the piece, I put the 'dragon' in the pan, then reduce it a bit, do I just go ahead and put in the coconut oil and proceed to process it as a canna-oil?

4. wanted to show BKS sum cyber love from NYC....been using your canna oil method with much success for last 2months !!!
    potent and very tasty!!!
    if u can any ideas on how to make say a peanut butter granola bar ?? i no how to make the peanut butter from your canna bomb recipe but not how to hold the nuts n berries in place as would a Kashi or granola bars would i guess my question is how to make the consistency a lil less oily and to hold shape Thanks so much this was very life changing for me to acquire the know how to cook with my favorite herb
    :wave::)

Attached Files:

5. I guess those pics didn't work, but better late then never, here are the truffles ugly as ever. But that's how I like them, confections with character.

Attached Files:

6. those pics made me almost cry sitting at work lmfao