BHO/Budder-How to fix?

Discussion in 'General' started by Lumiwonder, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Hey everyone! I hope that this is the appropriate place to post about this. If it is not, someone please be so kind to direct me to where I can post about this as well as where it would get the most hits?

I am new at making my own BHO/Budder. I do not have a vacuum purger and I have heard so many different ways to purge your BHO. I place mine in pyrex and put it on top of a warm skillet. While I allow for full evaporation. I burst the bubbles. Before reading that budder is a degraded form of oil. I would whip my oil at 150 degrees F. Some strains have worked really well. Today. Not so much. The strain goes by the name of BOOM. Who knows? Point is that it is trichome ridden and fairly dry. Another disclaimer to the BEE EXTRACTOR is that your flowers be bone dry. I broke it all in coffee grinder. Since my device for extraction is small. I can only fit about 5g of ground flowers. The last pull was great. And I thought I had this down. It was my 5th time at doing my own pull...Well, I did all my usual steps. However, the budder went from a good pliable (but not fully purged) glob, into a powdery and un-pliable pile of white powder. Yes, yes, I know. It is very unstable oil and I do not know what exactly happened? I mean the stuff is white! Initially it had that yellowish hue with a great aroma. It does not sick. It is all crumby. Can it be fixed? Is there a way to make it pliable with out degradation? If not, I will just smoke it in the vaporizer with my flowers.

I was thinking I run another with a mixture of different flowers and the powdery stuff? Would that just be overkill and completely redundant? Should I keep what I got which is 0.5 gram? Live and learn. Does anyone have a good tutorial on how to make appropriate BHO? The kind that you can stick a dab tool and get a good glob? Thank you to whomever took the time to read this thread. I know it is all over the place..