BF's teamwork on growing?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by grizzx, Jan 17, 2012.

1. :mad:

-vent-

My bf and I have decided to grow a "baby" together in his closet. It's the best place for to happen considering he has his own house there's one problem though.. he won't listen to me. All the researching, reading, studying, and knowledge I've gained I've tried nothing but to make him listen to me. As soon as were talking about pH, best soils or other things he just falls asleep on me. This is with other things too.. like he has a rash on his back Ill tell him not to scratch it because it gets worse or cleaning his room.. doesn't listen to me. He feels bad now because I've been yelling at him about it I finally blew up and I'm tired of being the one who does all the thinking, talking, asking fucking questions. It makes me sad too because he thinks he's the victim when this is stressing me out trying to make everything go right.. I told him if he doesn't change this bad habit there won't be a gf. All the things I tell him to do are common sense.. COMMON SENSE!!!

Brazil finally rooted and is ready to be put in soil. I can't go to his house because I have work tomorrow so he wants me to let him pop brazil.. no way in hell will I let him do it. If you can't even listen to me on how to water a plant what makes you think I'll let you plant it in soil.

2. Sorry! I had the samething with a roommate, I had to just let him do everything and stop trying, It was the only way to keep me from strangling him.

3. I think you both need to compromise. He should definitely listen to you, but it also sounds like you're a control freak.

Some things I'm sure he loves your input on. But with some things I'm sure he wants you to mind your own business.

A rash on his back? Guess what honey, if I want to scratch myself I will do it whether you want me to or not. But I do see where you're coming from. Any time I tell my girlfriend to scratch my back she ignores me too :p

Clean his room? What are you, his mommy? I hope he's not too much of a slob but if it's that bad it's not something that will change overnight.

Anyway I think this is just a common thing that comes up in relationships. There is no right/wrong, you are both just going to have to see things from the other perspective and work together to compromise.