Bf wants to break up over weed

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Tochahontassssss, Apr 26, 2016.

1. I've been smoking for five years. My bf met me 3 years ago and asked me to quit smoking. I said no. He's been with me for 3 years and smokes with me every day, every gram, every blunt. He's been saying lately that he is going to leave me if I don't quit smoking. But he wants to keep drinking. I just think this is super unfair for him to all the sudden decide I have to quit or he leaves. I get it he's trying to make me healthier and all, but he's trying to make the decisions for me, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. I personally don't deal with ultimatums and that would cause me to just tell them to leave at that point. Especially because he wants to keep drinking which is detrimental to your health and you want to smoke cannabis which is not even close to as bad for you as alcohol.

I personally would try to find someone who loves you for who you are and what you enjoy, I got out of a 5 year relationship with a judgemental person and am now with a girl who respects what I like and doesn't try changing me.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Maybe he thought it was a phase you'd outgrow and now he's kind of expecting it since you've been together for 3 years. Try talking to him and find out what's the driving force behind his ultimatum. Maybe if you understand where he's coming from you can work toward figuring out a solution.

4. Drop him. I am somewhat winning my alcoholism for my gf. I rather smoke all day with her and give up drinking. I never look intelligent drinking and it brings out the worst in people. Dude sounds like a fucking hypocrit. Sounds like he just wants to control you. Honestly tell him ok you will leave. I bet he will change his tune real quick. Always seems like guys more so than women, have a harder time leaving the relationship but will threaten all the time. I know from experience when I was young and stupid. Meet a wonderful women that don't let that shit slide and everything is equal.

Sade's outdoor Bigfoot territory grow

• Like Like x 3
  5. Buy a big nug and enjoy it. He should be quiting drinking not smoking fuck him his priorities are fucked

----------------------------------
    there's certain accidents where you may be drunk and on drugs.
    but it's going to happen weather you are or your not
    -Ricky

6. That's some straight up bullshit Op.
    If he doesn't except that it's part of your life then he can go fuck off.
    Or switch to vaporizing that way there's no ill effects from smoke.

• Like Like x 2
  7. From what you've typed in the OP, he's in the wrong. You're in the right.

I'd like to know why he's at ultimatum-level with you stopping smoking? If everyone's toking up together, it should be fine, no? Why is he against it? You said he's trying to "make you healthier". Does he have reason to think you need to be healthier?

I've never been in a group of smokers where everyone is a responsible and chill smoker and someone went "We need to stop this all!"

• Like Like x 1
  8. Any person that would ever give me an ultimatum (especially over something like smoking weed) would be out of my life.

9. Alcohol is poison. Return fire and bash him for his idiotic perception, and then dumb him on his head. Flatly tell him. You smoked when you first got together, and you're not changing shit for anyone who could be out of your like in weeks time. My brothers wife forced him to quit. At first he snuck around just to buy and smoke. The resentment turned to hate. He cheated several time, as well as numerous arguments. Try to change someone you feel for, and watch them turn into something you truly hate

CanniAnnie's Quest for balance

• Like Like x 4
  10. Lol all these comments what else from a weed forum. She should post this in a alchohol forum and compare the answers

----------------------------------
    there's certain accidents where you may be drunk and on drugs.
    but it's going to happen weather you are or your not
    -Ricky

• Like Like x 3
  11. Im surprised no one picked up on this. Dude smokes with her daily too yet gives ultimatum?

Plus drinks?

Lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. oh bby, u deserve better 2bh

• Like Like x 1
  13. He wants his cake, And wants to eat it too. I don't think so. If we quit, we quit together. Otherwise, see ya.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I left every chick that tried to get me to quit the moment the words came out of their lips.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Please tell me you're posting this because it's ridiculous and not because you're actually thinking about it... he's wack.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ask him why, don't leave because someone asked you to quit smoking weed. That is just stupid. Sounds like you two need to talk about what is actually going on. I highly doubt its just the weed.

• Like Like x 1
  17. First off, ganja isn't the issue. It's the thing he is saying is the issue because he is young and immature. Just move on. You don't want to be stuck with a drunkard who can't communicate. Don't sell yourself short. Look for someone who has more going on then this over bearing, controlling chump. Move on is my two cents....

18. It isn't as simple as just leaving, guys. Shes in a 3 year relationship. Breakups at that point are difficult and can be damaging.

OP, what is his reasoning? Does it make you more dull to be around? Is it because you're also addicted to nicotine (blunt wraps)? Is it because it's illegal in your state? Do you have to plan your day around rolling/smoking, giving the two of you less time to go out and explore the world/have fun? Is it costing you too much money?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Drop that zero and get with this hero. :hide:

• Like Like x 2
  20. If he can't accept you as you are, he needs to move on.