bf has heart cancer cuz smoking, and he wants me to quit....

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by stnrgrl, Feb 3, 2007.

1. My bf used to be a really big stoner befor about a year befor he met me, he got heart cancer and even the tinyest hint of smoke makes his heart start hurting.
    I have never once smoked around him. I understand that it hurts him. But he wants me to quit because of what happened to him. He said he wont break up with me because of it, but i can tell that it is hurting our relationship.
    What are the chances something like that could happen to me? im not saying it cant but idk....

I really dont wana quit. i luv my MJ:smoking:

2. you could just start cooking with it, that way you both could enjoy mj without any of the nasty health complications

3. I'm really sorry to hear that, but i'm just wondering did he also smoke ciggs? cause I've never heard of someone getting heart cancer from smoking mary Jane. Not saying it couldnt happen at all.
    And as for you quitting. That's a personal thing. It would be a nice thing to do though( I'm not telling you to quit). As long as you don't lie to him I think he'll be alright with what you choose. Like you said he won't dump you over it. he's just worried about you.

4. great idea. you both get stoned and no worries about burning smoke

5. sorry to hear about your bf.

I think his condition isn't related to smoking MJ. It could be genetic for all anybody

knows. He's got a rough road ahead of him, you have to decide if your gonna be

able to be supportive and commited throughout everything. If you don't think you can

then I suggest gettin out now, for his sake. I don't think quittin MJ is a necessity and

would let your bf know that you respect what he asks but don't see the same thing

happening to you.

Just cause he can't smoke it doesn't mean he can't eat it.

6. he didnt smoke cigs at least not that i know of, but MJ does have tar and stuff in it so maybe it caused it.
    but he cant be 100% sure it was the weed.
    i guess i could eat it but i dont have alot of experiance with it. But i dont think he would even eat it cuz he is starting to get better ( a little) and he is one of those paranoid tipes.

7. yea i know there are reports of mj not causing lung cancer, but heart cancer im not too sure about. if you know, was he a blunt smoker? because im sure the papers on those could be just as bad for your lungs. either way im very sorry to hear that and i wish him the best of luck, and cooking with weed is the tops if you havent tried it.

8. If you love him quit, if not, I can already tell it's going to cause major problems in the relationship. He has heart cancer, and maybe he wants to spend more time with you rather than you going out and getting stoned, if that happend to my girlfriend, I know i'd quit the second she asked me to.

9. Try a small ammount from a vaporizer see if it hurts him...if not then eat it...if u dont know too much about it look around theres alot of nice tutorials and stuff for firecrackers or brownies...cakes its nice :smoking: sry to hear about the cancer...but dont let it effect your life...still be happy and get him to try new things like vap or w.e.

10. I would think that his diet would have a lot more to do with his condition rather than smoking. But you're right in that it's not helping anything.

Yea, I'd go with the cooking idea. Or maybe investing in a vaporizer?

11. well, i guess ill talk to him about the cooking it thing and see what he thinks of it. Thanks 4 the advice :)

12. Cannabis doesn't cause cancer.
    there isn't 1 confirmed case of it.

13. Even though he said he won't break up with you about it, you are already noticing the strain on the relationship. The issue is not going to disappear magically. Every tiny argument you get in, you never know when your pot-smoking is going pop up as a negative.

He may not break up with you because of it, but that doesn't mean it won't be a constant thorn in his side. I wouldn't be surprised if the two of you get all quiet and awkward when an anti-weed PSA comes on TV.

Sorry to be so negative but I have been told "I don't care" before and I got burned. It has happened to my friends, too. I don't want the same thing to happen to you unexpectedly.

14. Which do you value more, your boyfriend or weed? Do you see yourself as possibly having a longterm relationship or getting married? This is where you can show him if you really would do anything for him... Talk is cheap.

15. Thats really crazy that he thinks he got Heart Cancer from smoking ganj.

16. i highly doubt he got heart cancer from smoking weed, as that dude posted earlier there has never been 1 reported case of weed causing cancer, and numerous studies showing that it can actually help protect against it.

17. There was just a study saying that smoke cigs with weed can increase your change of getting cancer 10 times

18. I'm so sorry.... but, for something like that I would quit, but I mean...you could always ingest it, make fire crackers or something...have you thought of that? They're quick and easy

19. If your boyfriend really got heart cancer from weed and the Doctor said he did and you have proof i would really concider to quit smoking weed.