Beyond scared straight tv show

Discussion in 'General' started by Bakedassninja, Oct 28, 2012.

1. This show looks so stupid and not true at all.. They put like 12-17 year old kids that smoke some pot into prisons full of criminals who are doing a lot of time for serious crimes.. Either the show is staged or the kids are dumb for believing they're going to end up in prisons for petty crime

2. Look at the 90s ones. They don't fuck around there.

3. I think it's staged from the prison end, like they ask inmates to try and help the young adults gain a new perspective on life.Dumb show but hey if it helps someone stay out of trouble then more power to them right? Last thing we need is more wanna be thugs, at least some of them have a chance for a brighter future. Plus I'm sure it prob feels good for the inmates to change a life in a positive direction.

4. Did you see the kool aid one? Bahahahahahaaha

5. I hate to defend the show, but their mission is to show how their futures' could look like. I bet a lot of those prisoners started young.

Overall that show is an atrocity. Even though I commend them for trying to bring a change to these kids, it still doesn't change the fact that these kids have to go back home: where problems still persist. They forget that environment plays an important factor in a shaping human being. What good is it to tell a kid "Don't join a gang" if there is one that is trying to kill him/her?

Not only that but those pigs act all tough and mighty when handling the kids. Even stooping to their levels. Then they show disregard for human life in the prisons by acknowledging the failure of the system by telling kids they will get raped and stabbed.

This might be a stretch but I think its an attack (like many other shows) on this generation. The show doesn't hold any adults responsible. One kid that went to the prisons had his father come talk to him. His father was a prisoner. What does that tell you? They want to put full responsibility on the children. Sick. Sick show.

6. That show is a joke.

7. I love that show lmfaoooo.
    I do dislike the fact that almost every kid there is there for weed. -_-
    I just find it funny.

It's not set up though, this one really bad ghetto gangster girl who said she had videos of fighting on YouTube was telling the truth. I saw her fight on YouTube lol. pretty funny imo

8. lol...

it's fucking retarded...