Beware of Volcano bongs!!!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by MoltoStanco, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Well the part where 'a drunk friend slammed it down on the ground' the glass probably weakened? Besides you could have done research before buying it, well at least you should definitely do it next time man it could save you a lot of money/problems:smoke:..

2. Everybody that is arguing against this guy is saying the same thing: don't let your drunk friend slam your glass piece on the floor. It's getting old.

The fact that he researched the company and found that their quality control is horrible, plus they have a bad rep with breaking from nothing, means that while his friend was stupid, what he did should not have caused as much damage to the base, nor would it have on a nicer piece.

And to those of you who say his LHS worker wasn't his friend, did you not read the post? He said he gave him a ROOR for a broken shitbong and $20. THAT sounds like a friend to me. :/

3. i feel that if everyone just took good care of there piece it wouldnt matter if the glass was 10 inches thick or 1mm thick. :hello:

4. Should of just put in this thread...Don't buy china glass its shit (I smashed all my glass)

I just got a Decent Glass Spoon American Glass here I come.

I don't hate china glass just don't buy china glass with a perc and no grommet.

5. I just bought a single perk volcano the other day and I have absolutely no complaints. For 150 it hits like a beast, and is so smooth. And speaking of broken glass, put that shit in a small box wrapped in bubble wrap. And the glass on my volcano is rather sturdy, and am a proud owner. P.S. All the friends love it too.

6. i had a monster of a bong that came from them and it lasted about 2 weeks then it got stolen.... no problems woth the brand. but it did get thinner towards the bottom.

7. I recently purchased a 16" beaker base King Volcano bong from my local headshop. It came with a custom party bowl, diffused downstem, and 10 arm tree percolator. I spent $260 on it, which I am sure is too much, but so far I haven't looked back. I spent the money knowing it isnt brand name glass and knowing the possibility that the glass may be poor quality, but it looked thick enough when I expected it and it had all the things I was looking for.

The design looks beautiful and though I am aware it is not made by the brand that makes the volcano vaporizor, many people are quite ready to believe it is from the style and how it hits.

This bong delivers insanely huge rips and hits very smoothly with very little drag. The tube of the piece looks very thick, though I am not sure how thick the base of the bong is. However, I figure I am a careful person who tends to take good care of his things, so if I only bring it out with good friends and make sure to always set it down gently it will hopefully last me a long time.

8. #28 420rowdyguy, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2011
    I have cheap no name 70$ 14' blue bong with a 3 tree perc and its lasted me almost a year now, just because it doesnt have a name on it doesnt make it any more susceptible to breaking..

Number one rule with ALL bongs, is to be cautious with and around them 24/7

A roor taking a fall of a table onto a concrete floor will break just like my cheapo bong, the difference being i would have to pay 8x the price of mine to get it fixed.

Sure some bongs may have stronger percs than others but a drop onto a concrete floor will ultimately decide if it makes a difference, i have cleaned my bong vigoriously shaking iso violently in the chamber with the perc and not a single hint of damage after being warned by the shopkeep to be very careful when cleaning.

I have knocked over my bong multiple times and still no damage to the percs or anything.

So was it worth it to spend $70 rather than $350+ on something that has survived multiple daily accidents with no added protection (ie: thicker joints, reinforced perc). IMO it was worth every cent

All glass shatters unless you have shatterproof glass so the argument should be

Bongs that shatter vs shatterproof bongs

Instead of

Cheap bongs vs expensive bongs

I guess what im trying to say is what casey6691 has said, it doesnt matter how good your bong is alsong as you take care of it you wont have any problems

9. Yo, recently bought a Volcano bong that was like 200$ for 70, and its lasted me 2 months so far. Three days ago I broke the bowl on accident. Other then that, the bong survived my friend knocking the table over, the bong fell onto the carpet. No damage has been seen since, and that was a month ago.

Honestly, ROOR you have quality control for more money. No names and things like Volcano, you can get a good one here or there.

10. #30 slider569, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2012
    I purchased one while traveling and when I got home to give it a shot there was a major leak around the down stem.
    The punch- hole in the main chamber was done very sloppy and cannot create a seal.
    I contacted them by email offering the solution of simply sending me a solid plug type grommet and I would fix it myself.
    I have never received a reply, therefore I will fix it on my own... But I will never purchase anything by King Volcano again. :eek:

11. Bongs aren't really portable devices lol

12. #32 slider569, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2013
    UPDATE:

I also gave them a bad review on their web page, you
    won't see it there however because they apparently erase negative reviews.

DO NOT buy anything from these people. They are amateurs and run a very shady
    operation.

In over 30 years of making glass purchases this is the worst piece/experience
    I've ever had.

13. Why are people bumping 5 year old threads?