Beware of Beliefs!

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ezak420, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Beware of Beliefs! It is better to reside in the realm of anxiety and not knowing rather than succumb to the slumber of beliefs. Beliefs are merely thoughts and perceptions of other fallible human beings that sound like Truth but under investigation...turn out to be...not. Live your life from your own Truths...through your own experiences...or even blazingly discard all beliefs and become a vessel for true knowledge. Get comfortable saying...I Don't Know...feel how it feels to not have the answers and even better...to not need them.

2. It is more liberating than words can fairly define to be free of the need to be right....

I live with a unique condition which makes it impossible for me to "know" all of my own life....
    Nevermind being sure of anything beyond that....

I have a handful of ideas which still hold true...
    But i never know how the next step will have me feeling...

I do believe....shit changes as we go along....today's truth...becomes tomorrows lie...
    And from time to time...the same shit happens the other way round....

I believe there is no past....tho bits of it do find ways to follow us along...
    Probably some choice we make to drag it with us...

I believe it is best to make my own way...
    Little to no planning...as i never know what may come....
    the plan remains....take what come....as best as i can....
    Make the most of every fall.... and jump as often as i can....
    No need to shackle myself with their beliefs....
    Mine change with me....grow as i grow....
    Prove themselves true or untrue to me on their own...

No need to follow the world...all you need is within you....
    No need to carry yesterday on your back....
    Be here now.....
    believe in this moment....
    And whatever it takes to be within it.....until the next moment arrives...

I believe in what i feel....
    Even when it comes to the things i think i know....
    It is how i feel about them which is important to me...

I believe i have been fucking things up quite well on my own this long....
    And i feel if nothing changes....i will continue to enjoy doing so

3. Sorry..bitch to edit from phone....

If nothing/until something changes.....

4. It used to be obvious whether you were writing from keyboard or from phone - it's not so obvious anymore. I wonder if that indicates you are finally mastering the art of texting, or that what has to be said could always have been said the same way a keyboard allows, but it requires more time to get out that you are now choosing to give? Just a thought. ;)

5. #5 esseff, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
    It can be hard to recognise that we even have beliefs, certainly those that have lain quietly working for so very long. Just as we feel we've finally found some bastard that was causing an issue, once removed, another that had be lurking just beneath it steps up to play.

Letting go of belief makes so much sense, and yet, is thinking this is possible just another belief? I assume you're referring to the conscious ones that we decide to walk about with when you say this. If so, then doing so will make much difference. But letting go of them doesn't release the mind from belief itself, and it is our subtle beliefs, the ones that don't seem like they are beliefs, that make it likely that you will have already replaced the ones you removed with others and not noticed.

Vigilance and awareness stops you taking on anyone else's beliefs, but then by this point, you're no longer really susceptible to doing so as you recognise these things as just ideas. But in my investigation into my own beliefs, I have come to feel like I have gone beyond them, only to discover that this was a belief in itself. Our egoic mind is a clever bugger and will not relinquish hold of things quite so easily.

To go beyond belief needs a paradigm shift. To raise our awareness to a point where the egoic mind no longer runs the show. To step away from the identification that the physical is all there is. There is no doubt this is happening, and as moments are experienced, they are recognised more and more. Life is an interesting journey indeed.

As brother Dingus says:

This is what matters. For feeling transcends the mind. The mind makes things into a rule, but feeling needs no rules to know it feels it.

6. Time has passed...i have had this better phone for some time...
    Like anything else ...experience brings skill...

And i feel i may have been keeping too much in...for too long....
    Fucking myself up...

Maybe tho i was limited by technology...i was also limiting myself....

The path is not often easy..and rarely light...

7. I believe almost all beliefs can be accepted on a personal level.

It is when you start organizing them, and using them as labels in society to manipulate the masses that causes fear and doubt that belief systems do not hold value.

Cannabis clearly has value. It is also just a plant. But it is society that has tainted that to label that value as criminal, and somehow personify a plant to be the work of the devil himself.

Remove the corrupt influences, and it can become but a plant once again.

The same could be said for many belief systems, regardless of what you may personally subscribe to.

8. Humans have a tendency when creating their "organizations" to rely on the letter of the law to hold people together on the path the "organization" wants them on....
    Twisting the letter of the law to their own selfish purpose....
    ignoring the spirit of the law....which was/is all that ever mattered....