Better to resign or get fired?

Discussion in 'General' started by spillee86, Mar 17, 2013.

1. My boss is a dick. And I'm pretty much done working there. Got another job starting in a few weeks and was gonna try and sit the duration of this job out until then, but my boss is doing my head and keeps targeting me for every possible thing she can.

Got a disciplinary meeting for 'unauthorised absence' on a shift I didn't even know I had and wasn't told about until an hour before they wanted me in, and I'm thinking fuck going along to that. I'm not feeling sitting there while they make me feel like shit for an hour or whatever, so I'm either gonna go along with a letter of resignation telling them I'm leaving in 2 weeks, or just not go and get fired straight up.

What's the best option y'aaaaaaaaall think?

2. 2 weeks letter bc you get to work/get paid for 2 weeks while you line up your next job... if they fire you, its a loss of 2 weeks pay!!!

3. Do you really have to ask? Resign Obviously, it looks pretty bad for your character to get fired

4. I would resign, if you know you have another job and these people are treating you like shit. No reason to continue to deal with all that shit.

5. Quit.

You will feel so good about it.

6. See the only thing that worries me about resigning is that she's just gonna make my last 2 weeks even more shit for me.

But I guess if she does that I can just fuck off mid-shift or something anyway.

7. And yeah, I REALLY can't be arsed to take time out of my day off to go to this disciplinary meeting either. Just a waste of time if I'm leaving anyway.

I forgot the third option of just handing in my letter of resignation tomorrow and fucking off the meeting coz it won't matter at that point.

8. do option number 4

9. Just resign dude

10. Put in your 2 weeks notice. Since your boss is a cunt, I would probably call off at least 4 or 5 days. Try to turn those final 2 weeks into really maybe 7 or 8 days. Your boss doesn't appreciate you obviously. On your final day, you need to tell her to get fucked.

11. Put in your two weeks and if your boss pushes you then leave. If you have a job lined up it's not like you need a reference.

12. If you need the reference, put in your two weeks. but it feels AWESOME and not to mention liberating as shit to quit. Realizing that person has no real power over you is the best.

(I've burned some bridges)

13. Resign

If your boss is just a huge bitch trying to make your life miserable, then fuck him, but if he just doesn't like you, he probably wants you to quit because your boss can't fire you (at least not without cause) so if you put your two weeks in you might not even get scheduled and at least then you can put them on your resume:p

14. Resign, obviously better in the long run.

15. If you get fired you can apply for unemployment though ,but if youre getting a new job then i would just put in a 2 week notice.

16. I think you should just fuck off not even tell them. If your boss talks shit you should leave that job off your resume. And bomb the place (graffiti)

17. If you give them notice, they'll just tell you to take a hike anyways.

18. Whenever possible, give two weeks' notice. I mean, if you're in a position where your boss sucks, he's probably hoping you'll give him a reason to bad mouth you once you're out the door. You'll piss him off worse by not taking his bait, and making him deal with you for two weeks.

19. resign man it never looks good that you were fired