Better to push or pul through scrubber?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by t(o.0t), Mar 6, 2009.

1. so its better to pull out from the scrubber than to have it outside the room getting blown through? Is there a reason why righthooks is confused

2. its just the way the filters are designed to work...they are made so that air is pulled across the carbon and filtered... also thats why there is a prefilter on it to remove any larger particles that would clog the carbon filtration

3. I have seen a number of successful applications where the farmer simply stuffed the pre-filter inside the filter and blew through it instead. The smelly air still passes through the carbon and the filter itself will act as a muffler for the blower noise.

4. it is better to pull through...I recently built my box (located in my signature )...and originally had it as a push and through a suggestion from a fellow gc member made it a pull system and there was better ventilation as a pull system

5. I gotta disagree a filter filters air and it doesent matter which way.Really when it comes down to it,it depends on the cfm of the fan and filter.The carbon cannot do its work if the air flows through it too fast.Sure there is a pre filter on it,but I dont know how much trash is floating around in yalls room.It will work fine either way as long as it has time to do its magic in the filter.I personally like it as a pusher and it gives you more room in tight spaces.So it goes through a pre filter then the carbon or the carbon then the prefilter.Also when u pull through it as the carbon wears it will suck out and through the fan,The pre filter is there so as the air is pushed through it it keeps things clean and the carbon has no where to go.I am sure I am wrong atleast thats what my wife always tells me all the time.Hell I just agree with her,I married a red head so when its good its real good and when its bad its real bad.