Better fan for Secret Jardin? Help PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by 420OGKUSH, Sep 18, 2010.

1. I'm ordering the Secret Jardin DR60 (24" x 24" x 49") today and I was planning on running a DIY CFL light fixture in there with two power strips and a total of 12 bulbs with the Y splitters on the power strips. So I'm gonna have around 300 watts and I was wondering if this fan would suffice with a DIY Scrubber:
    Dayton 4WT47 Fan 105 CFM 115 V
    Or if I would be better of just ordering one of these bad boys:
    High Tech Garden SupplyHigh Tech Garden Supply
    Does anyone have experience with those GrowBright 4" Inlines? Do you know if they're quiet on lower speeds and if they get the job done? Also this tent is going to be in my closet so I might add a weaker computer fan at the bottom intake to get some more fresh air going in there. Thanks in advance everyone all your advice is greatly appreciated and I've tried searching through all these forums for an answer so please just help!
    :smoke:

2. 18.5 cfm.... remove the air at least 3 times a minute... 55.5 cfm's... now if your adding a scrubber you need to double your fans cfm's im sure your going to do this so 111 cfm rated fan at the bare minimum... i'd go 150.. you can find them on the net for like 30 dollars and get one of those switchable power supplys from radios shack for 20...

only use one fan... using two fans creates problems with pressure.. besides this is a small tent

if this is suppose to be stealthy... use the computer fan

carry on

3. Dang thanks again man haha I owe you one for all your help. I took your advice and tried searchin for some axial fans that are 150 cfm and they are all pretty pricey.. Do you think I would be better off just getting that 4" inline, carbon scrubber combo? Because that one is rated at 170 cfm and I'm planning on getting a fan speed controller to adjust it if I need to. Unless you can hook it up with some links I can't really find a comp fan that blows 150 cfm for $30 anywhere. Thanks again I really appreciate it :hello:

4. an inline is loud so remeber if your not venting a big space id just make sure your air circulation is thought out, like blow fans into the same current towards lights and exhaust fans.

computer fans are a god send and radio shack has great cheap ass ones.

one big fan is good, or like 5 smalls ones is awesome lol well atleast to a closet grower.

5. Sten to pigpen. The four inch inline fans are loud. If you want a inline fan get a six inch and a fan speed contoller. Much more stealth. I got the four inch and hate it. But my grow is super hot so I have to tolerate the noise.