Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by DVii, Feb 8, 2015.

1. It sucks that we have to wait that long.

2. Started watching this on Netflix tonight, I needed a new series to binge.

From anyone who's seen both, should I watch this before Breaking bad, or vice-versa? It's credited as a prequel, but will it make more sense to me if I watch Breaking Bad first?

3. I don't think it matters. Better Call Saul is only 3 seasons. It's faster to get through. I would make some sense to see where Jimmy McGill came from before he was on Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad is very intense.

• Like Like x 2
  4. go Break Bad bruh

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pretty much given up on this show. A year break between seasons for a show that has no special effects,v definately low budget (except for salaries), too many fluff/filler scenes. I had hope for this show as I liked Saul in BB. I guess you can binge it but once you are caught up expect to forget the last season while waiting for new one.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Considering Better Call Saul isn't quite done yet (Season 4 has been confirmed from what I found on the internet) plus the fact that TheWhiteLighter has a great point about this show having quite a bit of fluff, especially if you're not invested in the characters other than Saul who are also in Breaking Bad, that you'd be better off watching Breaking Bad first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Agreed: way to much veg more meat please

I did season 1...by then the meat went missing ...lol

cheers/

8. Altered Carbon really pushes that limit

Altered Carbon (TV Series 2018– ) - IMDb

score 9/10 even a good book lol

9. Is everybody for the season premiere tomorrow? I've been rewatching the previous 4 seasons to prepare. It's all good man, Saul Goodman

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  10. The show made more seasons?? I couldn't sit through the 2nd season lol

11. Yes starting season 5. They already said season 6 will be the last. I too couldn't really get into the show at first, was so damn boring. I look at it completely different now though. 4 seasons on Netflix

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. The whole arc of his brother being allergic to electric devices and shit is just dumb, I mean it creates this sense of a world that this guy just can't inhabit, but at the same time, the world building is kind of shit... The show gets lost in itself when it tries to strike up this balance between the old world and the new, like there are cellphones but they are using VCR's to watch tapes, the contrast is kind of silly.

I mean, they manage to create the tension, sure, but the content of the show is just so lost at times... You can tell they are really struggling to tell Saul's story, filling in all the points of the highs and lows with bullshit that pushes the limits of the shitty world they built in the first place, its slightly annoying.

Like I said, the actors do an incredible job, but the content is just not really what the viewer came to expect from Saul.