Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Beta Blockers and Marijuana

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Sparx17, Oct 31, 2018.

1. A few months back, I was put on Metoprolol ER 25mg once a day and I was wondering what everyone else's experiences were like. I've read many posts saying it could severely drop your BP, which I'm not too sure how mine is as of now, but my BP was fine, it was just my heart rate that was not due to me having Hyperthyroidism. My BP being totally normal while my heart rate was extremely high (about 130BPM+) confused the doctors a bit, so I was put on a beta blocker. I have yet to try weed since then, but I was wondering if I'd be okay to attempt it. I've been hitting high nicotine with my vape as well (30mg) with no ill effects, but I'm not sure what's more taxing on the heart.

• Like Like x 1
  2. before my heat op ( quadruple by pass) Dr put me on Beta blockers ,,,i never noticed any thing while smoking cannabis ,,,although it can drop your blood pressure at times ,,so just be careful when you stand up just in case it makes you a bit giddy ,,,,,,mac,,

• Like Like x 2
  3. I've just never tried it because I've read so many posts, but seeing as how most sites are catered towards detracting people from cannabis use, I'm sure that played a part heavily lol. Thanks for the reply man

4. I take the 100mg ER daily and have for 25 years along with other bp meds and have had no issues from constant heavy cannabis usage. I've had a kidney transplant and had an enlarged heart while on dialysis and this medication keeps my heart rate steady. Cannabis can drastically drop bp with other types like ACE inhibitors, calcium channel blockers or diuretics but it doesn't seem to do much with beta blockers. It's tough to get a good cardio workout, though, because your heart rate stays low.:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. I appreciate the reply man. I have just been scared to try it because all these sites say it's a bad idea, and I don't want to ask my doc about it because I'm not sure as to what extent he knows about cannabis use and combining them with certain meds since it's still illegal. One day I'm sure I'll try it, but I'm worried about passing out or something bad happening because I have no vehicle to get to the hospital and I don't want to deal with an ambulance bill lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. I take what you do twice a day. Nothing to report except that I can still get a racy heart when I smoke up. Not always.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Alright, so for the past few months, I've been smoking CBD bud heavily, something like an ounce a week lmao. Nothing to report. No negative side effects whatsoever. I've yet to try regular cannabis but I have drank alcohol and yet again, no negative side effects