Best weight gain supplement

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by TwiztidToker24, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Im looking for the best weight gain supplement to compliment my new nutrition plan to pack on some pounds. I am an extremely hard gainer and very skinny, 6'2 and 140 lbs. I am also working out 3 days a week, any suggestions?

2. Best supplement is food, eat more of it

3. Whole Milk. Drink a gallon everyday.

What does your workout program look like?

4. whey protein, peanut butter and some sugar. have some before and after training.

otherwise eat your face off...

like Canada 420 said, what's your training look like? are you squatting and deadlifting?...you should be, but make sure ur doing it right.

5. Let's ask Dr. Nick!

Dr. Nick: Hi everybody!
    Homer+Bart: Hi Doctor Nick!
    Nick: Now there are many options available for dangerously
    underweighted individuals like yourself. I recommend a slow
    steady gorging process combined with assal horizontology.
    Homer: [pensive] Of course.
    Nick: [points to a chart] You'll want to focus on the neglected
    food groups such as the whipped group, the congealed group
    and the chocotastic!
    Homer: What can I do to speed the whole thing up, Doctor?
    Nick: Well...be creative. Instead of making sandwiches with
    bread, use poptarts. Instead of chewing gum, chew bacon,
    heh...
    Bart: You could brush your teeth with milkshakes!
    Dr. Nick: Hey, did you go to Hollywood Upstairs Medical College too?
    And remember, if you're not sure about something, rub it
    against a piece of paper. If the paper turns clear, it's
    your window to weight gain. Bye bye, everybody!

6. What I started doing was getting packets of honey roasted peanuts(430 calories/16grams protein), eating 2 of them plus a big glass of milk(1298 Cal. 56gr protein) twice/three times a day.

Now during the day eat an insane amount of food, those are just your snacks. Get big meals in and constantly eat something all day.

I've been having the hardest time gaining weight but this seems to be the best diet for me. I have an extremely fast metabolism so this can be excessive for some people.

7. I work out 3 days a week for about an hour each day. My workout consists of 8 different exercises targeting two parts of the body each day. I put a lot of effort in and it is pretty vigorous. I also work on a farm and every day is hard work, some is stacking hay in a barn which burns more calories than any workout known to man. I want to gain a fairly good amount of body weight so that I am not so skinny anymore. Being so thin not only keeps the ladies away but makes me look younger and weak even though im not

8. Couple things.

Post what exercises you do and how your workout is divided like this. day 1: legs day 2 back and shoulders day three chest arms, day 4 rest. (that is just a sample not an actual program to follow)

also doing physical labor makes your body burn more calories you have to compensate by eating more . (i work as a laborer for a roofing company, its tough)

If you want to gain weight, eat MORE food than you are now, and when your not eating drink a ton of whole fat milk.

9. You're going to want to make sure that you are obviously taking in more calories than you burn. When I was trying to get big, I ate 6 meals a day about 600 calories each. You want also good carbs (such as brown rice, whole grains..) these are metabolized slower so it makes you feel full longer. Anyways, it is important to eat about every 3 hrs (this speeds up your metabolism).

10. No it doesn't.

However, oftentimes eating more small meals in a day can make you feel hungrier between each meal than with large meals, thus allowing you eat more. That meal plan would certainly work.

Whole milk is the best weight gainer out there.

11. Monday
    Back, biceps,

shrugs
    pull ups
    bent over row
    bent over row dumbbell
    curls
    preacher curls
    barbell curls
    deadlifts
    hammer curls

Wednesday
    chest and triceps

push ups
    bench press
    dumbbell flies
    dips
    dumbbell bench press
    pull ups
    lying tricep extension (barbell or dumbbell)
    close grip bench press
    tricep extensions (behind head)

Friday
    legs, shoulders

military press (barbell)
    Seated dumbbell military press
    barbell upright rows
    dumbbell squat
    lunges (bar of dumbbell)
    standing calf raise (barbell)
    curls
    dips

there she is, haha feel free to tear it apart.

12. Looks good to me

13. I'm taking physical education as one of my classes and in my physical education book,there is a section on healthy weight gain and it goes as followed.

"Skinny" people,too,should realize that the only healthy way to gain weight is through exercise(mainly strength-training exercises) and a slight increase in caloric intake. Attempting to gain weight by overeating alone will raise the fat component and not the lean component-which is not the path to better health. Exercise is the best solution to weight (fat) reduction and weight (lean) gain alike.

A strength-training program such as explained in Chapter 7 is the best approach to add body weight. The training program should include at least two exercises of one to three sets for each major body part. Each set should consist of 8 to 12 repetitions maximum.

Even through the metabolic cost of synthesizing a pound of muscle tissue is still unclear, consuming an estimated 500 additional calories per day is recommended to gain an average of 1 pound of muscle tissue per week. Your diet should include a daily total intake of about 1.5 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight.If your daily protein intake already exceeds 1.5 grams per day, the extra 500 calories should be primarily in the form of complex carbohydrates. The higher caloric intake must be accompanied by a strength-training program , otherwise the increase in body weight will be in the form of fat, not muscle tissue.

Hope that helps :D

14. your workout program looks good although i would make a few minor adjustments.
    On monday remove the shrugs entirely or add to friday. Take out pullups on wednesday.
    On friday i would take out curls, dips and barbell upright rows. I think those exercises kind of stand out and dont belong on the days they do, but other than that suggestion, i think it is very solid.

15. NONE! It's all terrible for you!

What is more important...living a healthy, long life or having a slightly better body for a couple years?

Overall health should come first, than looks. Bulk up the old fashion way and lift weights, do push ups, and other exercises. Sure it will take longer, but you'll thank yourself later in life. Our society is driven on "I want results now!"...nobody has patience nowadays.

Why would you risk your health when you can get the same results with just a little more time and effort?

Plus, you would feel way better if you did it naturally...not only because you will healthier, but because you worked for something harder and you deserved it more.

16. What's the harmful aspect of all weight gainers?

I think they're great ways to boost your calorie intake when your needs are excessively demanding. There is absolutely no way I could gain weight without the help of a weight gainer type supplement (There are healthier ones besides the number filled with sugar).

That's the only reason I'm wondering what's so bad about them, I'm barely gaining anything while constantly eating all day, plus a weight gainer shake and my own supplement (2 packets of peanuts plus 750mls of milk - 1298 calories) so I'd be fucked without it since my routine isn't the issue.

What would you recommend for people who need in excess of 5,500-7,000 calories per day who can't sit at home eating all week?

17. #18 budsmokn420, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2011
    First off, god damn!! What do you need 7000 calories a day for? Why are you trying to gain weight? What's your current weight and height?

And the ingredients in them are bad...all those chemicals are toxic to the body. They create acid which stops cells from functioning properly. They also create imbalances in hormones and just generally fuck with your body's overall chemistry. If you affect one part of the body, it will affect another part...it's all connect and works together as a machine.

18. the guy at the healthfood store says that you only need about 8 grams of protein a day to gain muscle. i know it sounds fuckin crazy but i kind of believe him. he says your body can only use protein from living organisims and all whey protein does is destroy your kidneys.

i just moved to new york and i havent been eating as much as i should, not getting half as much protein as i used to.. and im still getting stronger.

19. ....That guy is a fucking moron.