Best webiste evar!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Hydroponic420, May 9, 2011.

1. My english teacher just told us this website that asks you some very easy questions, and each one you get right they send like 10 grains of rice to needy kids in africa. I think this is great and its helping end world hunger with no cost to us but our time. this shitz legit. i can't help but feel happy when i answer the questions because i know im helping kids that need it.:hippie::hippie::hippie::p:cool::smoke:

Homepage | Freerice.com

2. I've done that before a little, but I gave an extra 100 grains (like a bite lol) just now.

3. Been on that before, if it is really legit grain for grain, then it's very good.

4. Sorry, but it's fake..

5. #5 Sovereign Psyche, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011
    Snopes says it's real.

snopes.com: FreeRice.com

Lol, The World Food Program says its real.
    http://www.wfp.org/how-to-help/individuals/freerice

The only thing I found that said it was a scam is this...
    http://dailycow.org/node/207

Which even claims that it's not a scam in the article. It says they don't donate as much as they should be. But their numbers aren't even right, according to this statement: "that FreeRice acknowledged that it should donate at least 245 million grains of rice (the approximate equivalent of 12 million correct submissions."

When the approximate equivalent to 12 million correct submissions would be 120 million grains of rice. 12 million correct submissions multiplied by 10 grains per correct response.

Not only that, but in conducting this research they are compromising the integrity of the program. Advertisers won't continue believing the numbers, if they are being skewed by autoclickers.
    They are also spamming the websites bandwidth AND falsely reporting them as a scam.

6. why don't they just skip the questions and send all the rice?

7. u think they count out every little grain? hahahahhahahhahah

8. This site has been out there for a few years. They have added many new subjects. Its real.

9. Question 1.) Infant means:

Disgrace
    Small Horse
    Cellars
    Baby

I suck at this game. I have no rice in my basket. :(

10. im sure the site wouldnt still be up if they were feeding the hungry

11. So if i get it wrong kids dont get to eat?

12. MFW I thought she said her teacher showed them GC!:eek: