Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best Ways to Smoke to Save Bud

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GiraffeVenom, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Im a she but no biggie haha @[member="Octain"] Are dugouts harsh in your opinion?

2. My bad, shesmoker, lol..

If ya hit it real hard it can tend to be a bit harsh but so can a nice glass piece, which I also have.
    I also have a Pax which is wonderful for what it is but it's not a weed saver. Plus vaping has a totally different high.

I drilled the bat(one hitter) so it's more of a three or four hitter. But like I said, I'm a easy/light smoker. I'd rather hit easy and hold it longer, than hit hard and let it go in seconds.
    But that's just me.

3. #23 HillbillyHoax, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014

I don't have any experience with these specific pieces but they are all pretty much the same. Shiva is setting you on the right track listen to him. Locally blown glass is my favorite and you can often buy simple pieces at a really great price.

100% fact... My favorite shop carries no cheap glass but the down side to that when I want cheap glass I have to go someplace else. If the piece does not feel heavy it will break easily. All of my extra heavy pieces I have purchased have cost over $300. That is not to say that you can't get a good quality piece for less than $100 but you wont find a quality piece for $25. My favorite piece I have ever had cost a hefty chunk of change but it got broken just like my $25 pipe. Although when my cheap piece broke I threw it away. When my expensive one got the joint jammed into the base and snapped off, I went and got glass bits for a dremmel tool to work it out. I still have the piece but the glass bits are expensive and they go fast.

Having enough room for some crushed ice is a great touch and makes for the smoothest hit you will ever experience.

I know this question was not directed at me but in my experience a dugout can be harsh if you get the bowl hot or try and take too big of a hit. I like mine but I prefer my bong. That has always been my preference so of course that is gonna skew my opinion. It also depends on your smoking situation. If you have to smoke outside of your apartment you don't want to take a big glass bong outside, a chillum would be much preferred. I promise you can take a little hit out of a bong or you can take a massive rip that make you cough your way into hysteria.

I would also like to add that I have a very pricey vaporizer that I have not turned on in over a year. I just like to smoke so much more. I also enjoy edibles which can make your bud go further, but again I prefer to smoke. I like pipes, bongs, joints, and a blunt about once a year, as long as I am smoking it is my preferred method. Vaporizing does not give you a complete cannabanoid profile. Which doesn't sound like a big deal until you realize that the high is not just THC it is also about 13ish other cannabanoids, terpines (the oils in the plant that give her a unique flavor), and a whole mess of other stuff that you only get through combustion and inhalation that give me what I consider a complete high.

Not trying to make this a pissing contest between smoking methods they all have their place this is all just my opinion, you may have an entirely different experience.

Peace :wave:

4. since i been using vape pen dry herb attatchments, i went from doming .5 or more in a blunt to being high off .1 and getting greedy with.2 and a gram has never lasted me all day of trying to stay on the same level, i dont gotta get real high but i like to be constantly high

5. how do you buy one....

6. bongs eek out the stash best 

7. Get or make your own one hitter and you'll be good. Great for saving weed

8. I would get a bubbler if I were you. I got an extra large grab labs bubbler & it's the hardest hitting piece I've ever hit & I prefer bongsWho Dat!

9. a real bong that you can take a real milky snap out of.

10. Probably a vape. But otherwise, I did a little very unscientific ;) experiment and compared smoking 170 mg with a pipe, a quartz cig one hitter and a joint (170 mg because that's the minimal amount with which I can roll a enjoyable decent joint).

The one hitter got me highest and the high lasted long (multiple 30mg hits good for 3,5-4,5 hours). The pipe came second high wise, but the high lasted not as long as the joint (2,5). The high from the joint was the lowest (starting with two puffs, then repeat throughout the evening) but the longest (can't tell how long, I fell asleep).

11. gravity bong for sure. gets your ripped while using minimal weed. smoking joints all the time wastes more weed than anything.

12. bongs suck weed, if you want to conserve then you need a sneak a toke or chillum, a small straight shooter, if not a small glass pipe used to do the trick for me, I'd get like 2 gs smoke on them for a week then clean my pipe and smoke the resin, sorta like recycling. trust me you'll learn to love a glass pipe that's yours, BasedgodDank

13. #33 Shiva Blaster, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
    Not if you get a nice little bong with a one-hitter bowl....just as efficient as the straight-shooter but a ton smoother.   Same amount of weed goes in, same amount hits your lungs, just cooler and smoother.

And resin tokes are just plain nasty, lol

14. I've done kinda the same thing. I rarely smoke till after work in the afternoons so two or three tokes will do me for a couple of hours. Each day I would take same number of hits of the same weed, only I would use different methods to smoke it. Joint, bong, bowl, vape(pax) and the bored one hitter.
    The one hitter serves me best and it's what I prefer when I smoke alone.

15. #35 Shiva Blaster, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
    Really hey?   You don't find it super harsh?   I have a couple of one-hitters that I use for concerts and festivals, but fuck do they ever burn!   If I take more than a few hits a day with one of those things, it burns the shit out of my lips and throat.......the smoke has no chance to cool before it hits your moth like 1.5" from where it was burnt.    You are also getting piles of unhealthy resin and shit being sucked into your lungs by smoking with a one-hitter all the time. 

16. Sure it can be harsh if I'd rip the heck out of it. But I don't. A bowl can be harsh if I rip it also.
    It simply works best for me when I only wanna use a little bit of product, and what works best for some may not always work best for others. The OP is trying to find the best method to conserve. In my humble opinion the bat is best all round. Its also convenient. You don't have to fumble around with your smoke. Ya simply stuff the bat into reservoir, twist and go.
    Don't get me wrong, I'll smoke anyway any form. This is just what I prefer when smoking alone and trying to conserve smoke.

17. I think i'm more confused than ever now haha

18. I don't know too much about vapes but like someone mentioned "you get what you pay for" and if money is tight I wouldn't suggest gettin one till your ready to put down some good cash on a good one. But as someone who smokes blunts, pipes or bongs the best way to conserve is to not use too much. That's were everyone goes wrong. When got good bud you don't need to roll a fatty or pack crazy bowls all the time. Like for me, I can smoke a bowl and be good. I'm not stupid high, but I'm a lil more than buzzed, relaxed and still get munchies like no other lol. Yeah I don't smoke EVERYDAY and don't have an insane tolerance, but even if you do have a tolerance you still don't need as much as people think. Shit when I first started smoking I use to buy a gram and put it all in a blunt till one day someone came along and showed me you can make a gram last for 2 days. And that's just with a blunt which requires a lil more bud so imagine how long you could stretch a G out with just a bowl?These days there's a lot of good bud around, you don't hear of to many people smokin bad bud anymore. Just remember GOOD BUD GOES ALONG WAY. Just know your tolerance and conserve. So if money's tight, smoke when you need to and not when you don't need to (ex. Already got a good buzz or high). Since you smoke joints roll what you know is gonna get you straight which shouldnt be much so no 1g+ joints like people like to brag about or if your smoking with 1 or 2 more people put a lil more in than you would for yourself unless your tryin to get f**ked up. And smoke left over roaches too you'd be surprised how zoot you can get from saved roaches. If your smoking a bowl by yourself, just have one bowl and chill. Weed can last a lonnnngg time when first starting out. The misconception from media or society is that everyone thinks you need to roll a fatass joint/blunt or smoke 7 bowls to get high, when in reality you don't need much. That is if your not smoking dirt. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. 1 GB will get you stoned probably and that's like .05 Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. hit some dabs. some bho will last u forever if 5 hits off a joint gets u gone. u can prolly hit .01 dabs nd be gone