Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best way to use small amounts of mj for food?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Aplacetoflyhigh, Feb 10, 2009.

1. I have between 1 and 2 grams of pretty decent but kind of stale bud which is pretty harsh to smoke and doesn't taste that great, so I think I'm going to try and use it in a food dish. What's the best option? I could make tea with milk and honey, firecrackers, or cook some of it in oil and do something with that.. The only thing is, theres around five hours until my dad gets home, and I kind of have a cold, so being stoned wouldn't be a problem, but the smell?

2. brownies, or firecrackers. you can find the reciepes somewhere on grasscity fursure. ohhh dude, you should make rice crispys. soooo dank here ill give you the receipe. not mine though. some dude on grasscity posted it.

Canna Cap'n Crunchy Treats

1/4 cup real butter (no margarine or bullshit)
    10 oz. marshmallows
    6 cups Cap'n Crunch Berries
    4 grams weed (shake, trimmings, stems, etc.)

Also: Large saucepan, fine wire mesh strainer, tupperware.

First, the Cannabutter
    To prepare, grind up whatever you're using for weed and break up any stems so you've got maximum surface area for THC extraction. Now you're going to need a pretty big saucepan on very low heat to melt your butter. Once the butter is completely melted, stir in all your weed evenly. This should simmer for about 20-30 minutes, making sure to keep the heat very low so as not to burn off the good stuff. I'd try to keep stirring it as often as possible just to keep the weed distributed evenly and free of scorching.

Once that's simmered for 20-30 minutes, throw all of it (including the weed) into a small tupperware container. Put a lid on it and refrigerate at least 1 hour or until it has solidified (can be refrigerated at length as well, probably yielding a more potent cannabutter the longer it sets, but 1-2 hours works just fine).

Take your solidified weed / butter concoction out of the fridge and remelt it over very low heat using the same pan from before. While this is going on, assemble a filtration station: fine wire mesh strainer over a small tupperware container (w/ lid). As soon as your butter is completely remelted, strain it through your filtration station, making sure you get as much of the liquid butter out as you can (helps to press it with a fork). Set aside the buttery weed mush for another project or just throw it out if you don't give a shit (i did a second butter wash with it so i'd have a bit left over to make grilled cheese and what not).

Now, normally you'd put a lid on it and toss it back in the fridge a second time until it solidifies, then you'd be good to go. But for the purposes of this recipe, we need the butter melted anyway, so on to the next step.

Then, the Crunchy Treats
    So make sure your large saucepan is all cleaned out with no solids in it, and put it on medium-low heat. I'd toss a half tablespoon or so of regular butter (non-weed) in the pan or grease it up somehow for the marshmallows so you don't get too much of your cannabutter in direct contact with the heat. Start adding in decent amounts of marshmallows. Pour your cannabutter little by little over the marshmallows, stirring heavily. Continue doing this until you've used up all 10 oz. of marshmallows and the ¼ cup of cannabutter. Stir briskly until most of the marshmallows have melted, this may take a bit because the heat should still be on medium-low. Begin stirring in the cereal one cup at a time. Be careful not to crush any of it, and also not to burn anything.

As soon as the cereal has been mixed in evenly, remove it from heat. Pour this Fluff looking mixture into a GREASED (can also use wax paper) 13x9 tupperware container. Make sure you spread it out evenly, all the way to the corners. Using something to gently flatten it out will be a big help, I used the back of a spoon with some pam sprayed on it to prevent sticking. Now throw a lid on it and refrigerate at least one hour or until it solidifies completely. Cut it into at least 6 squares, probably more like 8-10 depending on what kind of weed you used, tolerance, etc. I cut mine into 6 squares, and later decided to split it further into 8 squares because eating 2/3 of a whole one sewed me to the couch for several hours.

Takes 30-90 minutes to hit you. Make sure you start with a smaller dose before you jump right in there if you're kind of new to edibles. Eating cannabis gives you a much more psychedelic high, which resides mostly in the body. When I eat weed I usually like to not smoke much before hand so I can isolate the effects of the eaten stuff for a bit. Though, once I feel a good strong buzz coming on strong, I like to celebrate with a bong rip and relax with a hookah.

3. Firecrackers are the way to go.

Quick, easy, and get you mega baked.

There's actually a guide on how to make them somewhere around here.

As for the smell, if you have 5 hours, just spray a shitload of cologne or deodorant or febreeze or something and wait 5 hours, the smell should easily be gone by then.

4. They don't smell at all:confused:

5. yea firecrackers really dont smell. the peanut butter overwhelmingly takes away the smell of bud just making it smell like pb. serious its dope. make like 3 of em, since you said you had bout 1-2 gs. have fun.

6. deff. firecrackers, and yeah they dont smell, i made em with my step dad and little sister in the kitchen the entire time.