Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best way to use CO2 extracts?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jogreenie, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Okay so I recently picked up a gram of CO2 concentrate. I did a little research and I know what it is and how its made, but it seems like no one really has much experience with it outside the medical scene in Cali. I used it in a piece-o-shit atmos micro pen and I was not impressed. I filled the cartridge 3 times, probably used .3 or .4 in total which is a lot for concentrates, and only felt a minor head high. And unlike bho or qwiso or wax, it reeked like no other. 

My question is, if I buy a rig, will it work better dabbing it? How is the smell? And does anyone have any good advice on using this stuff to the best of its abilities? Thanks.

2. Dude c02 is the shit. So clean, so smooth, smells amazing. You use it the same way as BHO man. You probably werent impressed because your hitting a little pen jajajaja or because the c02 you have is poopie. Since it sounds like your in a non med state that could be the case. I actually have some C02 sitting next to me, some purple star from Imperial Extracts and its fire. BHO is always going to have a little more of a nuggy taste BUT C02 is gonna be smoother. At least in my experience.....

If you get a rig everything you dab will be better man jajaaj.....get a rig

3. If done right and efficient all will be just as terpy ..its a huge misconception that one extraction method will always taste better then another .. with C02 ,bho,pho and qwiso the only difference is solvents used during the extraction some even consider ice wax with this it will be as terpy as the rest but from my research and understanding water is not considered a solvent ..

4. what about live resin extracts?

5. I haven't had personal experience yet with live resin but have done some research and live resin is usually known for being terpy and from what I've gathered it's because your usi ng fresh frozen instead of dead cured resin but that isn't with the extraction itself because it's the plants levels of terps that we talking about now. Basically I'm saying for flavor live and dead resin can be two different things ..due to the different ways of going about it..i hope that makes sense

6. No Vape pen has yet to impress me, they cool but rigs are better

7. agreed I hate pens imo a total ripoff but they work for others so had to say something

8. Yup, but honestly nothing beats a small g pen or other small Vape pen when at shows and festivals. So convenient, but that's all I like em for

9. ok update. I got an oil rig from thickassglass.com for 70 bucks. Came with a glass nail and dome. Verdict is that this stuff is too liquidy to dab onto anything besides a ti nail. I tried to get it on and I missed or put too much on and it goo-ed off before it could vaporize.

The consistency of it is a very pure and non-sticky gel-like feel. Extraordinarily clean to smoke, but would be more versatile if it were slightly stickier.