best way to strengthen stems?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by field of dreams, May 9, 2008.

1. theyre starting to get taller (6-8") and the stems arent the strongest they could be. how do i strengthen the stems???

1st time grower here, but knowledgeable

2. Keep a fan blowing on them all the time.

3. indoor or outdoor?

4. if outdoor wind , wind and more wind

5. i've hear advice that picking the top foliage off could help............?

any ideas?

6. No, dont trim.
    Just put a fan on them and make sure you have the proper lighting at the proper distance. Stretching is caused by not having one of these two things or both.

7. make sure the fan blowing on the plants is not in a stationary position. this can cause burning of the foilage.

8. Twist them untill they snap...but don't break. They will grow strong as fuck.

9. how does this work?

10. I don't think it does work but if it does I think the logic would be that it is taking all the energy it has into making the stem stronger so it will stop almost all vertical growth and focus everything on the stem...

11. Get a spray bottle and mist your plants with water. The force of the spray + the weight of the water on your plants will help your stems strengthen. Do this a couple times a day if you'd like. Don't over do it with the water though.

TiCkEr

12. Do not twist your stems, do not spray during light hours if you are using an HID.

13. It does work, I've read about it on here. Most of the experienced growers do it, I haven't tried it yet. But read up for yourself.

14. it's a form of "supercropping" and not really recommended for newbies.

15. Constant fan is a must, oscillating if u have the room.
    I twist and I love the results;
    bending and tying are also very effective growing techniques.

CAREFUL you only twist max every 2-3 inches no closer and take it easy, you just want a very small amount of sudden give, this is the internal circulatory system being destroyed, which in turn makes the plant rebuild itself completely in the damaged area = stronger, thicker, more weigh bearing stems. Stop and splint if you ever break the outer coating...and roconsider your methods :smoking:.
    cheers and good luck