Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best way to store weed so it doesnt go bad

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by liamfulton, Jul 26, 2013.

1. So I'm going to a music festival in late August and plan to take an ounce. My problem is, I get paid soon so need to get it in before I get high and waste all of my money. What would be the best way to store it for a month without it deteriorating? I know jars are popular but I need a way that would allow me to keep it out of view in a confined space. Maybe a few ziplock bags? 

Just as a side note, how do you store your weed normally and how does it smoke after being kept for a while?

2. Store it in a glass jar, somewhere dry, dark and cool such as a closet. It will last a long time and stay very potent.

3. Spray your bud with water.

4. Definitely not, and I sure hope that you're joking.  That promotes mold. 

This is the seasoned tokers forum, so I'll give a seasoned tokers answer.  Use a C-vault...they are amazing, they work, they store bud perfectly.  Combine it with a Boveda humidifier pack (62%) and you'll be golden.  You'll never go back to any other method.  Google both of these, there's quite a following. 

Any serious stoner who cares about their cherished bud, will invest in something to keep it that way.

5. Thank you, CAPTAIN OBVIOUS.

6. Air-tight, cool, dry and dark!  Cannabis will keep its potency for two years if stored properly!

The stability of cannabis and its preparations on storage.      (abst – 1976)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6643
    \nSolutions of pure cannabinoids, nine samples of herbal and two of resin cannabis (one freshly prepared) were stored in varying conditions for up to 2 years. Exposure to light (not direct sunlight) was shown to be the greatest single factos in loss of cannabinoids especially in solutions, which should therefore be protected from light during analytical and phytochemical operations. Previous claims that solutions in ethanol were stable have not been substantiated. The effect of temperature, up to 20 degrees, was insignificant but air oxidation did lead to significant losses. These could be reduced if care was taken to minimize damage to the glands which act as "well filled, well closed containers". Loss of tetrahydrocannabinol after exposure to light does not lead to an increase in cannabinol, but air oxidation in the dark does. It is concluded that carefully prepared herbal or resin cannabis or extracts are reasonably stable for 1 to 2 years if stored in the dark at room temperature.
    \n\nJust for the fun of it, here's one on much longer storage   :laughing: -
    \nStability of Cannabinoids in Dried Samples of Cannabis Dating from Around 1896-1905. (abst – 1990)        http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2314109
    \n\n\nGranny

Then why even say anything?  The OP was looking for advice.  If you're looking to troll, GTFO of Seasoned Tokers kid...

8. Wrapped up in an air tight jar in the freezer, lasts ages.