Best way to store seeds

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Curiousgrow, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Hey Grasscity can anyone recommend the best way(s) to store seeds?

Is it ok if they all stayin their original packaging and I put them into a container of rice or something?

Right now they are sitting in a dvd case all in their packaging in my room which is at room temperature.

Thanks.

2. dark cool spot, like in a refrigerator crisper in a air-tight tupperware.

3. I leave them in the original breeders baggies/glass tubes in the fridge and then put them in a baby jar. Works well so far 4+ year old seeds remaining viable. I have heard some put rice in as well to absorb moisture.

4. Hi we store the seeds at 3'c and we keep the air nice and dry. the packs of seeds are then stored in light proof boxes. Id imagine keeping the seeds where they are will cause no problems if only storing up to a year or so but if you want the freshest viable seeds recreate these conditions the best you can or buy the seeds only when you need them from someone like us who has the facilitys to store seeds properly.

5. #5 Darth Clitflex, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013
    in my case, it's not the actual buying or paying for them, it's getting them here safely - for that reason, I'd rather buy several grows worth at a time

Skunk - what experience do you have with storing them improperly and having them go bad?

I have mine in a their original separate Herbie's bags inside of a sealed mason jar in an unlit refrigerator ... if this keeps them lively and happy for a year 'll be happy, think mine will be OK?

6. #6 DeafGeoff, Jul 16, 2013

That will be fine, you also may want to invest in a  few sachets of silica gel for the moisture.

7. Rice is also a good absorber of moisture....

8. #8 Old School Smoker, Jul 17, 2013
    It's only spamming when they leave a link to the website.

9. that's not true oldschool...
    folks can and do spam without links.

Lets not get off topic here folks...

10. Vacuum packaged always works great for me. Have had good success on seeds for 2yrs. I highly recommend.

Oly

11. so as dry as possible? dark, and refrigerator temp would be the best?