best way to store seeds

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by abige, Dec 31, 2015.

1. whats the best way to store seeds? in fridge? cheers

2. For me Personally I use a canning jar with two packs of desiccant, one at the bottom of the jar, one at the top. Then I keep it in my freezer which is about 25F. Also always let the whole jar slowly come to room tempt before I ever open it.

Had " fresh" seeds two years later. Not had any longer than that to attest to one way or another.

Interested in the methods of others.

-Gavin

3. I keep mine inside a plastic takeaway box in the fridge, I generally buy single seeds so just put the bags inside a smellyproof bag sealed nice n tight and then in the box and keep it at the back where they are nice and cold :)

As long as no moisture gets in there then you're good, I've popped seeds that were 2-3 years old and stored that way.

Good idea on the dessicant Gorilla, thanks for the tip! Next time I buy something with a silica bag in I will chuck it in the box for a bit of extra dryness!!

4. #4 foolmelt, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2016
    I've never put my seeds in the fridge, but I've had seeds in a non air tight plastic container on my desk for 3 years and they still pop 95% of the time.

5. Mason jar in the fridge with silica packs. Just popped some 1.5 year old seeds no problem. Humidity and heat are the two things to worry about

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

6. Mason Jar with silica, either in fridge or dark cool place.

7. yep - im airtight and in the fridge. i put some rice in a small vial to act as a dessicant, i always save the small packs you get in shoe boxes etc but the sock monster must like them too!

steve

8. In the oven