Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best way to store edibles?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BoNgToKe22, Jul 16, 2011.

1. So my uncle gave me a dank rice crispy treat, and i want to save it for about a week for a conert. So i was wondering, what is the best way to store an edible? (meaning how to make it not lose potency) Should i leave it in room temperature, in the fridge, or does it even matter? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks fellow blades.:smoke:

2. Room temp for a week or so (at most) would be fine, if we knew the age of the edible for certain. Without knowing for certain how old it is, or how sanitary the conditions it came from, it's best that you wrap it well and freeze it.

You're generally more likely to have the other components of your edible spoil first, potentially making you sick (and ruining your good time), than you are to lose potency. So your best bet, is generally to always freeze edibles you plan on keeping more than a day or two.. it keeps your material both active and inert from spoiling for a longer period of time, and freezing and thawing can also help to improve bioavailability if the oil was under processed.

Hope this helps. :)