Best way to start the seeds........

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by whitie, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Ok ive looked around at many grow guides and i was just curiouse about which way is the best to go about starting the seeds, like in a plastic pag between sum damp papertowel, in an air tight container the same way, or just soke em in a cup of water. and for all of these how long should i wait till i conclude there dead seeds?

2. common anyone

3. search button

4. just remember when doing paper towel technique do not let paper stick out of container it will wick out water

5. Seriously, do a little searching. Its even a sticky.

6. ok let me rephrase this again, I SAID i looked at the grow guides even the STICKIED ones, i just wanted your guys opinion on which way works best. Thank you, if your just gonna go "look at the sticky" or just be an ass about it, dont reply. Thank you once again.

7. Take a paper towel, spray it with water that has a slight amount of bleach in it (this is optional and bleach inhibits mold), put the seeds in the damp towel, put the paper towel in a zip lock bag (not sealed) and place it in a warm dark place. Check the seeds twice a day and carefully plant about 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep in pre-moistened soil as soon as you see a little tap root poking out of the seed. Place some saran wrap over your pot to seal in the humidity (no lights necessary here yet) and as soon as you see the thing poking through the soil, take off the saran wrap and put it under the lights. Its that easy.

8. I use a seed starting kit with a humidity dome (like 2-3 bucks anywhere that sells gardening supplies). Just fill the trays with soil/medium, moisten and pop in the seeds. 1-3 days later they sprout and dig in. Then I just grow them out for a week or two in there and then transplant to either a pot or the ground.....

9. i use the dunk and paper towel method

10. the stickied method of placing the seed inbetween wet papertowels works fine.

11. currently practicing the Game-DVD box technique put 2 pieces inside the side where I took out the manuals(not the side the CD goes) then placed seed on top of papers put one more on top of seeds then closed box(made sure no paper was sticking out) then put it on top of Tv going to open it on on Sat night or Sun morn