Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best way to start smoking?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Nathan, Apr 11, 2009.

1. I have never smoked before, and I plan to get some weed from a friend. What is the best way to smoke it for a newbie. Without buying any expansive bongs, or anything like that.

2. look up how to make an apple pipe on google or youtube, easy to make and works well

3. have someone roll you a joint...

[if you cant]

its by far the easiest

4. To tell you the truth, just get a empty pop can make a dent in it poke some holes on the dented side and put the bud there and get a lighter and have fun. (If you keep smoking get a glass piece I have heard the metal on the pop cans is bad for you but, one time won't kill you.):p

5. Joint - buy a pack of rolling paper that would cost about 2-4 dollars. Pick which ever one appeals to you, although I hear longer paper is good for beginners. I use Bob Marley rolling paper, each person has their own personal favorite. The pack should bring a lot, so you can practice rolling joints. When you make your first joint, rip it apart and try again. Look on youtubes and this site for instructions.

Waterfall bong - Any plastic bottle near you can be used as a bong without need for a stem. Put a bowl on the cap and a hole near the bottom and that's it. Look for instructions online.

Fruit bong - Look for instructions online.

Joints would be my advice, since waterfall bongs will get you high fast and that might be a strong impace. With joint, you control when to stop rather than taking one big inhale. Fruit bongs look cool and can be home made, but I've never tried them.

There are other methods, but I think those would be the cheapests way to smoke. Unless you want to put down at least $10-15 on a glass pipe.

6. The best way to smoke is a spoon. Commonly referred to as a bowl, or bowl pipe. They are relatively simple to operate.

Of course you probably don't have access to a spoon or bowl, then use a soda can. If you know someone who can roll a joint or blunt, have them do it for you. They are the easiest to use because they work the same way as a cigarette or cigar. Just inhale!

Have fun, and hope it all works out for ya!

7. I would say a fruit pipe, don't use plastic because you prob won't seal it well the first time, ask someone who knows how to roll to roll it up for you, or get a cigarette roller.
    You can get a small glass pipe for 20-30 bucks at a headshop, unless your underaged I'd say an apple pipe and don't use foil.

8. Thanks guys

9. definitely waterfall. You just need a water bottle, some aluminum foil, a knife, a lighter, weed, and water. youtube it.

10. gravity bong will get you the highest and it dosent use alot of weed. It works way better than a can or apple. I wish i knew about gravity bongs when i started, dont have too much use for it now other then when im low

11. Go to your local smoke shop and buy a "noseburner" pipe it's probably like 3 inches long and costs like 5 bucks and you can keep it forever i love mine they are great for travel.

12. The best way would be to actually smoke it with a friend that already knows how. He will be able to show you some tricks and tips so you can start getting high anyhow and anywhere!:smoking:

That's what I did. Especially if you never smoked, not even a cigarette. You will most probably choke like hell, but it's part of the learning process. :)

13. The best way to smoke for the first time is to do it with someone who has experience and can show and tell you what to do. Someone who will be chill about it too, not a dick.

If you can't do that, try to use a glass bowl, pop can, or make one out of a plastic bottle. The carb can be confusing for a newbie though, so if you can get someone to roll a joint, that would be your best bet.

14. if you can find someone to roll a joint or blunt (that is if you can't) i think that would be easiest for the first time either that or a can pipe

15. The easiest way like everyone already said is a joint, but make an apple pipe if you can't do a joint. Also, my first time I rolled some aluminum foil into a pipe and used that (use YouTube for a how-to). The aluminum foil is bad for you but one time wouldn't hurt.

Also, smoke with a friend that has smoked before. It will be more enjoyable and he can help you get high for your first time, which many people, like myself, didn't. :p

16. ok seriously WHY ARE YOU SMOKING ALONE FOR YOUR FIRST TIME?? its illogical!!
    the best way is have some1 take you under their wing (sibling or friend)
    they will teach u the ropes and they will most likely have something to smoke out of
    IF YOU MUST use pencap and pencil metal part
    its the easiest thing to make and its also very inconspicuous
    enjoy!!:)

17. I'm not smoking alone.....

18. I'm with these guys. Don't smoke alone your first time. Give it a while before you decide to venture there. It's been said that you can't truly discover what marijuana can do for you until you do it alone, but I would not reccommend it for a first-timer.

As for how to go about it. All of these are good suggestions but my vote is for joint/blunt.

19. Don't use a pop can. If you're really that desperate then just go down to a gas station and buy a cheap wooden or corn cob pipe. But since you're not smoking alone I'm sure your smoking buddies have some kind of piece or can roll.

20. well then wtf are you smoking with all first timers cuz you really shouldn't be having this problem