Best way to start dabbing?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by thisisstupid188, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Hey all, I been smoking flower for years and I'm medically licensed in CO but I've never dabbed before! I see concentrates and attachments and all that in nearly every dispensary I've been in. I've heard amazing things and I'm excited to try it out, but I'm a little wary when it comes to cost. What's the best, most cost-efficient way to get into dabbing? I know almost nothing about it.

Is there simply an attachment I could put on my existing bong and just use a torch on that? Please answer! :hello:

Thank you for dealing with my inexperience.

2. I say get yourself a small little oil rig man at your local shop or dispensary. You can also get a nail and dome that will fit your current bong too if you wanted to do that, you will also need a torch and a dabber.

3. Yeah I am in a similar situation. I'd also like to know this. Subbed for knowledge.

4. Glass or Grade2 TI nail only, butane torch only; don't buy wax off the street, even if it's cheaper. People who are cheap use PVC pipe and Bleached coffee filters which leads to many chemicals in your product. If you can, find some co2 wax/crumble. Clean and safe compared to BHO. Also, many people have found that after learning about the process; that it is cheaper to make it themselves. I have been pushing people to switch from BHO to buying a set of bubble bags and using dry ice (co2). No money involved in butane cans and no glass extraction tubes that break.

There is a lot of information starting to surface online about dabbing and health etc. It's become so popular that people are taking shortcuts to keep up with demand.

Stay safe!

5. That is not co2 oil, that is dry ice hash. Co2 hash oil similar to BHO used on oil rigs uses a supercritical carbon dioxide extraction

6. I understand that; but the chances of anyone here actually being able to afford a system to sustain a liquid co2 extraction is slim to none. Dry ice is Co2....

Co2 comes in 3 states, gas, solid, liquid. The only reason it would be considered co2 hash is if you just pressed the collected pollen, instead of melting it. Using the finest micron bag you can eliminate the plant matter and get a clean product.

The basic difference in hash and wax concentrates is;
    Full Melts & Half/Non-Melts

Honestly, I like the taste of a good bubble hash full melt compared to most wax available these days. Wax concentrates have gone down in quality a bunch due to the demand of it; then on top of that you get people that try to make it with little or no understanding of what they are actually doing or putting in their body.

7. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F49DzkLQw4]Task & Linus - 7:10 - YouTube[/ame]

8. You should be able to top your bowls with just about any concentrate that'll burn, but the hits aren't as big from the concentrate itself. You'll get higher than you would with just greens but not as high with a set up or rig. I don't know much about using concentrate pieces, but from what I hear a nail and dome with a nice torch is the way to go.

9. get a hinged dome with a male joint so you can use it in your existing piece

10. theres this thing called a ladle. it looks just like a ladle but the handle part hangs over the edge of your bowl peice and the ladle part goes inside it. their just a small little thing but they work just as good as anything else. look up titanium dabber ladle.

11. I'm from Texas and haven't got to do a dab but I do have a ti nail for when I can find It

12. Look into how to make bho, it's pretty easy to get into.

13. Ya I've watched videos on how to.do it but just don't have money to get as much weed as it takes

14. make it your own.. most if not all clinics r there to make a profit.. they do not purge there oils proper or most use trim n shake to make oil for people.. thers some great guides on this forum as well. ps trasher it only takes min a half oz.. n ul get a couple grams depends on quialty of the flowers

15. Would making qwiso with a ounce of vaped bud be a ok idea? Would that be a good thing to try to make some dabable oil, well at least some "ok " quality oil

16. In my experience; anything with vaped bud tastes horrible. Your best bet is to make edibles (something with chocolate) to cover the taste. Also, when you eat marijuana, your liver transforms some of the drug into a psychoactive.

17. Yeah I made edibles last time and I used a half ounce worth of butter to a ounce of vaped bud but I think I lost some thc because I don't think all the butter absorbed all the thc, but I could be wrong , my friends thougt they were strong lol I made 9 cookies n I ate 5, passed out before it hit me lol

18. For the best results, I have learned that simmering at 190 degrees Fahrenheit for no less than 5 hours and 8 hours max. Also for a higher cbd content you should grind some of the plant matter very fine. Experiment with it, you can do it with olive oil too.

19. Yeah last time I melted butter into a pot, wouldn't bubble but every other time I tries I can make butter bubble lol but after that I just added the abv an stirred it for a hour and 45 minutes, mayb 2 hours and strained into a container with a cheese cloth , left in freezer overnight n there was my butter :p , do u think though that the "Half ounce worth or butter". Could absorb a "ounces worth of thc and Cbd? Like by cooking it for 5 hours would that allow all of it to absorb? Wouldn't the butter burn at that temp?, and do you think that even during all that time that its possible that not all of it absorbed? Or there's no way it couldn't of all gotten into the better because of how long u cooked it for?? thank you I just have enoug to make another batch and I don't want to waste any, I think I did las time but they still were incredibly potent lol, thank u very much for your help , should I use more butter this. Time? like a ounce worth of butter to a ounce f vaped bud? Or if smaller amounts could absorb it all should I do that? Thank you very much, I will do exactly what u said next Time