Best way to start a mother plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wunschshrek, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Hey Everyone,

I am going to be starting my indoor grow soon, and this time I am going to make a motherplant, so I can cut clones, and ensure all my plants from here on out are female.

Now this is the way I am going to do it, and if anyone can make a comment, or suggest a better / faster way to get a mother plant going, then please let me know.

I am going to start by growing 4 plants, for 3-4 weeks, until they reach the point of being big enough to cut clones.

Then I will cut 1 clone from each plant, labeling them so I know which plant they came from.

And grow them in 12/12 from the start, and watch for which one becomes a female. I will then know which plant the female clone came from, and that will be my mother plant.

Is this the easiest way to do it? Or is there an easier or faster way to get a mother plant going.

Thanks in advance!

2. Well its funny you talk about mother plants. I just started one today by seed. I just used some Nitrozyme and water on a single female seed. This insures that all my cuttings from this one single plant will all be female as well... If you can get a hold of some female seeds, its definelty the way 2 go. Goodluck

3. Yeah the only problem is that you have 1 plant, so if something happens, you're screwed, and you can get hermies.
    Also, you may want to take 2 clones from each plant, incase one of them doesn't root.

4. Ok thanks, Ill do what I said and do 2 cuttings per pant. Yeah I have a generator, just incase my electricity ever fails. I have grown for a while, just never had a mother plant, I am sure I can keep it alive long enough to get a few cycles out of it though. I will probably keep some clones from my first mother plant, to turn into next generation mother plants, because the room I am using for the one mother plant could easily fit 5-6 of them.

Tenacity : the reason I didn't want to use fem seeds is because of hermies, god forbid I stress them out somehow, don't want them to go hermie on me.

5. You can get female seeds?