Best way to spend up to $600.

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by spinafix, Jun 4, 2012.

1. alright so i was pretty set on spending 185 on a black leaf triple 8 arm, plus a black leaf showerhead perc. i could buy that bong plus the attachments i want for under 300, i like the design of the black leafs. but on alot of forums im seeing people think the quality is fairly poor. im hoping if anyone owns a black leaf triple perc(5 arm or 8arm), they could comment on how it goes...

(also considering an ehle 2000ml, a syn tall showerhead, roor little sista 45cm, and a roor 7m 55cm icemaster) ((i do love illadelph's, but i live in aus so they arnt really an option))

im also after other peoples opinions on other bongs + attachments. 18 inches is the smallest ill go, and it NEEDS to have a precooler/ashcatcher. i dont fancy cleaning a 18"+ bong regularly.

now this is more directed at the collectors, i dont want people that only own 1 bong to comment and recommend their bong if you dont have other quality bongs to compare it to.

if you recommend a bong, please let me know what other bongs you do own.

cheers.

2. K...

I want you to reconsider the 18" requirement. In larger tubes like that the smoke has a long way to travel before it gets to your lungs so it tends to get a little stale. You should consider going down to at least 14-15 inches. And with $600 you can definitely get a bong with a good perc or two in it.

There's tons of single chambered tubes around ~$300. Look into sovereignty stemlines, stone glass works waffles, EFS donuts, syn's showercap, a dg fritted disk, or kush scientific's pucklines.

If you got one of those and wanted to keep it clean you should get a carbon filter.

If you want a double chambered tube look on aqua labs and try to get an idea of what out there. Try to ignore shit that has multiple tree percs.

3. InstaBlaze pretty much nailed it.

4. my current daily is a 15"... idk.. i like the look of the bigger bongs and in my experience ive always seemed to prefer the bigger ones. but i really dont know.. i suppose another 15" isnt the end of the world lol... anyone have any opinions on the glasscity bubblicious?

5. [quote name='"spinafix"']my current daily is a 15"... idk.. i like the look of the bigger bongs and in my experience ive always seemed to prefer the bigger ones. but i really dont know.. i suppose another 15" isnt the end of the world lol... anyone have any opinions on the glasscity bubblicious?[/quote]

I know this will be frowned upon, but for that price range, eliminate the glasscity line from your list. Like instablaze started, check out @qua labs. This its going to net you the best bang for your buck. Good luck, and ask questions about pieces you like. Blades here are very good at helping in selecting tubes if you can narrow it down to three or four you like. Again, hit up a couple of sites that can ship to you and let us know what you like!

6. yeah ive looked right through aqua, thats where the syn tall showerhead is from.. & there is a 9mm variant of it for $400...

my favourites are..

if it comes down to more pricey ones, my 2 favourites are the syn tall showerhead and the 5mm 45cm roor little sista.

of the cheap ones its the glasscity bubblicious and the 66cm black leaf triple perc.
    if i get the cheaper ones, i could get both... plus ashcatchers and crap

7. How careful are you and your smoking buddies around glass? That 9mm is always good assurance lol

8. I have the syn and it's a great piece very sturdy and well worth the money. The bottom is like a half inch thick. And since it sucks the water up into the perk it goes through way more water and is very smooth for a single chamber. But I would check out kultures web site they have it cheaper but I'm not sure if they will ship over seas. Hope tho helps good luck with your new piece

9. well there used to be 4 of us... 1 of our mates broke the old favourite bong.... and hasnt replaced it (been like 3 months)... now theres only 3 in the circle... well... triangle... me and the other 2 havnt even dropped 1 yet alone broke one... so thickness isnt really an issue unless we let the old mate back in... but i dont see that happening any time soon, and if he does get let back in he can use my old shitty bong...

10. [quote name='"spinafix"']well there used to be 4 of us... 1 of our mates broke the old favourite bong.... and hasnt replaced it (been like 3 months)... now theres only 3 in the circle... well... triangle... me and the other 2 havnt even dropped 1 yet alone broke one... so thickness isnt really an issue unless we let the old mate back in... but i dont see that happening any time soon, and if he does get let back in he can use my old shitty bong...[/quote]

If you're going to get two tubes, My best suggestion would be to get the showerhead tube (in whichever glass thickness you'd like, as you stated, the 5mm is obviously cheaper) and look into a beaker like HVY or Migrant, they both have 9mm versions for fairly cheap. The leisure with 29/32 downstem look pretty nice as well, but I haven't hit one so this is speculation. The good thing about the leisure is it would come with an 18mm disc diffused slide, which you could interchange with the showerhead as well!

11. have you hit a syn, hvy or migrant?

12. [quote name='"spinafix"']have you hit a syn, hvy or migrant?[/quote]

I've hit a HVY beaker and syn showercap but have yet to hit a migrant of any kind, just heard good things about them.

13. buy a torch a wand and a concentrate pipe and blow the other 5 benjamin's and change on wax!!

14. two ounces and a nice pair of shades :smoking:

15. ive ALWAYS got money for bud, that isnt an issue... just want some more bongs :p

16. what are peoples opinions on fixed stem?

17. They are usually a little pricier, but you will probably never want something with a downstem again lol

18. dude do your self a favor put 50$ towards a boromarket account and shop off there for that heady ish, or if it was me id try and get my hands on a Karma scene glass mini tube set with bipolar work!!!!