Best Way to Spend 1000 bucks on Glass?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by DJRedeye, Jun 2, 2009.

1. acquire yourself an ounce of some killer bud and spend the rest on feminized seeds and grow equipment. If you grow it, the glass will come.

2. If I had $1000 to spend only on glass, I would buy a few really nice bongs and burbs. So you have a variety and what if that one really expensive bong breaks..

3. are you serious? I see toros all the time. Go to wicked sands they usually have a couple of toros. Dementia woodland hills and thousand oaks also carries toros. And maybe the one in sherman oaks (I know they have a couple of trash catchers). As for SG, wicked sands has a ton as well as the dementia in sherman oaks (and most likely thousand oaks carries them too)

4. I wish I lived in your house :(

5. #25 lwien, Jun 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2009
    Ooo........a bit testy, are we?

Nothing wrong in challenging the premise, IMHO, so to answer YOUR question, THAT is why I am posting in this "fucking thread", as you say.

But, slippeh, if you don't like my post, just skip on over it. No need to get your panties all bunched up.

But for the record, I've seen some beautiful glass that could very well be considered a work of art, and if one is a collector of such pieces, a thousand bucks or more makes perfect sense, but man, I gotta ask, can ya get insurance on these puppies, for it's not to uncommon to get a bit uncoordinated when stoned which could preclude an expensive piece of glass getting shattered on the floor?

6. Apparently explicitly stating that I don't want to hear this type of suggestion just doesn't get the point through...

Thanks for your suggestions guys. Would a headshop be the right place to ask about getting a custom piece done or does someone else have to be contacted? I imagine a nice custom piece could be made for a grand.

Once again, this kid is loaded, as is the one bringing his volcano. He is not interested in spending a thousand bucks on multiple pieces, weed, grow equipment, a vaporizer, or anything else, other than a single, disgustingly awesome bong. He is not necessarily going to spend a full grand, but is willing to spend that much if he happens to find something in that price range that tickles his fancy.

And yes, the bong probably will eventually break, and we will all be heartbroken, but that is not a reason not to get one. We will treat it as best we can and hope that no accidents ever occur.

7. id get like a triple perc, inline..like 4 foot bong with ice notches, pre cooler, diffuser, all the addons etc. Weedstar even makes a perc bowl..its 18.8 looks neat.

8. I'd say a nice thick US Tube would be perfect. Something that can handle a knock here and there. If it's going to be a house peice, it would be a good idea to get something heavy duty.

9. SirK, I'm talking about the 1000 dollar Toro.
    I don't live in California, but from what I hear it is rather hard to get a lot of the nicer Toro glass in Cali.

Yes, I'm sure you see beakers and that of the sort all over the place, but inline-13, disc/ circ, 7/13 and those of the sort I hear are harder to find.

10. I hear ya, but I really am curious about insurance. I mean, I know that insurance companies will insure collections of art or anything of value, really, so why couldn't a bong be insured? Maybe it can be, but man, if I was going to be spending that kind of money on something that has a good chance of getting broken, it may be a good idea to check that out. Just a thought.

I do wish that I could offer up more info on the types of glass that he should be lookin' for, but it really isn't my field of expertise, but just thought I'd throw in somethin' else to consider when spending this much money on glass.

11. I hadn't even thought of some kind of insurance, I should look into that. I wonder if my friend could just convince them its a decorative vase of some sort. Haha not likely

12. Probably not, being that they usually ask for pictures, but still, why wouldn't an insurance company insure a bong, for it doesn't HAVE to be used for smoking weed. It could be nothing more than part of a collection or an item that he uses for smoking tobacco.

I know that most haven't thought about the insurance issue, but when you have this much invested in glass, why not consider it? I can't tell you how many threads I have seen here from glass owners crying their eyes out because their prized possession that they spent a bunch of money on is laying in bits and pieces on the floor.

13. id get a nice 9mm us tubes, throw on a hops inline ashcatcher and a badass slide.

it will be a sick setup and will only be around 6 bills.

14. +rep for the great idea :smoking:

A guy in my suite from this year bought a $450 SG with an 8 arm tree and I think it had a dome above that and then a splashguard+icecatcher, and it was broken within a month (someone tapped it, knocking it over as if in slowmo...all that broke was the tree). Another friend had a $250 no-name with triple dome percs, and the female part of it was broken within a couple months. So yea I know all about bong tragedies...

15. Thanks for the rep, man. Much appreciated. :wave:

16. I say DON'T get a toro, I feel like they are a fad to be had :p

go for an SG gridline or some perc'd roor + A/c, you wont be disappointed

the only tube i would be willing to drop mad cash on is an AK.

to find these tubes just hit up different shops.. Wicked Sands is cool, though sometimes the dudes working there can be douchbags. I like dementian in sherman oaks, and the illadelph gallery is sure to have something nice (just don't get a coil, fuck that shitty gimmick)

17. I didnt necessarily read the thread because I know what everyone is going to say. The first thing to remember is that if this kid is buying a 1k tube for everyone to share then it will not be around long. Six different people using one badass tube at any given time=a lot of chances for something to break...especially if everyone is not careful when handling the tube. That being said, I'm going to say the same thing as everyone else....Toro or SG. In this case, I would pick something nice, with a wide base and thick glass that is not so susceptible to tipping and is somewhat durable.

Enter:

7mm-9mm thick, incredibly amazing hit, extremely classy tube and alot less than 1000 (you could buy two).
    [​IMG]

or:

7mm thick base, short and sturdy...durable. You would have to seriously hit this thing to knock it over. One of the best diffusion methods I've ever tried as well...this one is closer to his 1k mark as well.
    [​IMG]

18. ^^That bong is $3600 USD, not 1000.

i'd go with a custom sovereignty gridline or maybe a stemless, or a 13/17 toro.

19. bong: TORO circulator to inline
    ash catcher: TORO 9-arm

or

bong: TORO 13 to inline
    ash catcher: TORO circulator

either way, you're getting all three beautifuly designed percs, can't even get smoother than that man woooo wee damn

worse investment ever. not just because its a roor, well yea it is. fuck that shit and go toro