Best way to smoke wax without a vaporizer or dab rig?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Alexsantos502, Oct 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. I bought this wax and I smoked about half of it in my vaporizer. I let my friend borrow my vaporizer and he lost it. Now I'm left with half a gram of wax and no way to smoke it. Any ideas on how to use it without a vaporizer, rig, or putting it in a joint? Also I would prefer not to do hot knives. Thanks in advance

• Like Like x 1
  2. hookah coal.

3. Why don't you make an edible? Your half gram can make any dosage you like. You decarb at 240F until all reaction ceases- then mix with coconut oil. You could also make a tincture- that's a fun way to medicate. Enjoy, anyway.

4. You could just drip some on top of a bowl and smoke it with a lighter

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 0Franklee, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    I just take a chunk of shatter and put it on top a bowl , melt it alil bit, start your journey.

6. Putting it in joints always worked for me

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I smoke wax and even oil in a pipe, all the time. I'm using a large briar pipe with a screen. Smoke some flower or even tobacco, enough to get a bed of ash. Use your dabbing tool or even a very small flat screw driver to gather a bit of the product and smear that on to a small bit of rolling paper. Use a small piece of paper. Fold that a time or two and put it on the ash bed in the pipe. Apply lighter.

The ash bed is useful to keep part of the wax from melting and falling through the screen and being wasted. You could also hot knife it but yech, I hates that.

8. Hot knife works.. just do it over something to drip on. There's a video on customgrow420's channel on youtube of him doing it. Hot knives are literally your best option. Don't put it on a bowl.. that's wasting it.

9. To each his own. I have had no problems with putting it in a bowl but you do have to do it correctly to avoid potential waste. That is why I put it in paper on a thick layer of ash. Of course, I am using very small dabs. Small enough that any that melts will not make it through the ash before it is consumed by heat.

I've hot knifed lots of hash back in the proverbial day but always found it very harsh and shitty tasting. That method can be wasteful as well if you're not paying close attention to what you're doing. But, it certainly does work.:love-m3j: