Best Way To Salvage Vaporizer Hash?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by MrFeelGood, Jul 23, 2014.

1. I haven't cleaned my vaporizer whip since i got it, and its got this thick amber looking coat around the inside, I'm trying to figure out the best way to get all that good stuff out so i can clean the whip, and smoke it. I've got an extreme Q and its got that right angle on the whip, that makes it really hard to go in and scrape with a dabber or something, and i dont really know a way to clean it out with water that will preserve the good shit. I've been debating going at it with a pipe cleaner but im pretty sure the hash will totally get stuck in the hairs and that will be terrible. And i know butane is the way some people do their BHO but there are safety concerns for me, no way im putting frigging butane in my lungs

2. Alcohol will clean the elbow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. But alcohol won't save the hash. Idk how much you're trying to get or how long the cleaner needs to be but a paper clip can be bent around the elbow and scrape the sides pretty nicely, that's what a lot of people use as a substitute dab tool

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. If you evaporate the alcohol it leaves behind the hash

Solvents are your friend when it comes to reclaiming vape hash

5. 99% iso
    Fill wand
    sit and then shake em up
    pour onto a plate
    Wait 3 hours   (TILL DRY)
    Scrape with razor blade 
    vape the scrape!

6. Making ISO hash out of resin is nasty as hell. I wouldn't recommend that to anyone

7. Vape resin is not like smoke resin... its more like hash oil reclaim

8. just stop... you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Fuck yourself. I clean pieces every week, and I can tell op that the only thing actually worth cleaning and using for ISO hash is a grinder. I clean my vape pretty often too, what do you want him to do save some shitty reclaim that he might get one hit out of? If he wants to save it, the easiest way is to scrape it. If he wants to clean it, the best thing to do is clean it with ISO and throw it the fuck away without wasting his time

10. You don't

ISO can leave an aftertaste.  Especially when you don't purge it well.  150 proof or better clear alcohols, like Everclear, can also be used to disolve the oils.  Although I would give more than 3 hours for the alcohol to evaporate. 

11. Fine let this kid make ISO out of everything and why don't you let him cook some meth too. It's desperate, like collecting crumbs out of the carpet to put in a bowl. You already used it, abv is only saved by those poor desperate people who shouldn't even be smoking in the first place

You are insanely dense my friend.

The easiest way is to scrape? Oh really? That is easier than a soak in alcohol and then evaporate? It takes no effort to clean with iso and save the hash.

When I clean my vapor stems I typically can get a .4 to .5 of hash out of them. If thats one hit to you then thats cool but its a lot more than to most people.

13. Uh, I got news for ya there bub, Anything you scrape out of a vape wand is not good stuff.

14. My EQ glass pieces needed a clean so I decided to try a reclaim. I will  experiment with the high. I don't give a fuck it is afterall in the name of science.

(for the record I have plenty of grass, hash and oil but will hold off till I get my smoke on tonite untainted by a previous sesh).

I'll report back tonite at some point.

15. I smoke bong resin. I'm talking wet resinated ashes from the bong tube. What could be worse than that? I'll bet your vaped resin is better than my bong resin.

16. Yea idk ive stopped wasting my time with that shit. Im with the 1 dude.  The only thing i ISO is my grinder.  The rest taste like shit and idk i feel IMO the THC content is negligible.   I cleaned out my wand and smoked it and idk didnt seem worth the effort to me.

Smoking bong resin..... that i dont do.   Im sure there is not enough THC in that resin to warrant me smoking it.  Cause i never really got high of it. Ur just being a creature of habit and wanting to smoke something.  Ur not actually getting high.  At least not for more than 10 minutes.

17. #17 MrFeelGood, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
    Beg to differ man the shits like amber. Sure theres lil specs of plant matter in there but come on, be real man. its just going right back in the vape again, no problem there. 

Just thought of something after i posted this, floss might help, i'm gonna try it when i'm not like, super super lazy. if i can find a paperclip i will use that too.

18. That is correct. I catch a good buzz off of bong resin for about 10 minutes.

19. So used some reclaim last night untainted like I said above. My results were a small buzz not worth my effort considering I have plenty of personal stash. A small light buzz and thats about it.

If you don't have much stash or are in a tight money spot then I guess reclaim would be ok but not mind blowing. More for those feinding times best to hit vape reclaim than pipe resin IMO. And I can officially say that thru my many years of toking.