Best way to quit cigarretes?

Discussion in 'General' started by Basquedude, Aug 21, 2012.

1. I have been trying to quit cigarretes for the past month and I cant.
    What do you guys think is the best method? In the past I tried nicotine gum which made me have hiccups and it sucks and also the patch which also didnt do shit.
    I need to quit cause at my new job I cant be stepping outside to smoke every hour plus Im not gonna be able to afford cigs+ chronic+ saving for a car. Id rather smoke just chronic and save for a car.
    What should I do? I smoke over a pack a day and if I dont have nicotine I start acting like a junkie.

2. My mom quit using the gum, but she hasn't stopped chewing the gum lol

And she quit like 2 years ago.

But now she smokes... ahaha

3. Just go cold turkey and chew gum or sunflower seeds.

Just remember, it's mind over matter. Don't let cigarettes make you their bitch.

4. love the new sig man

5. Start cutting down , When your down to like a quarter of a pack a day its so much easier to quit

6. Last time I did some unmentionables of the fungal I thought a lot about y smoking habit during, and decided to quit. After, it was like I was totally turned off cigarettes. I didn't want one and when I was offered it was so easy to say no! I smoked one out of curiosity mainly after 5 days, didn't like it, its been over a month now and i havent smoked since hahah. They totally changed my mindset. Not necessarily advice, but I guess you can draw from that, cold turkey?

7. I think the only way im gonna be able to do this is with a lot of chronic.
    I get paid next week and am gonna get a half O of Kush. But damn if I start smoking a bowl everytime I want a cigarrete jeez, @ 300 an ounce lol im gonna spend all my paycheck on weed.

8. Use the search button. I have posted my technique at least twice in 4 months on this topic.

9. Have open-heart, triple bypass surgery. At least that's what it took for my ol' man. My mom, though, quit cold turkey.

10. My method has a 100% success rate. You will be cured and smoke free in one to two days.
    Follow these steps...
    1. Find two or three friends and tell them you want to quit and need their help to pull it off.
    2. Give each of them an un-opened pack of your favorite brand of cigs and destroy all open packs.
    3. Explain that if you ask for a cig they are to execute the plan swiftly and without hesitation.
    4. Explain the plan like this. "If I ask for a cig, say NO and kick me in the nuts hard."

No one has asked for more than two cigs using this method. After a 12 to 24 hour recovery period, you're cured!

11. everytime you want to smoke a cig, smoke a joint instead.... problem solved :smoke:

12. just dont smoke. mind over matter.

13. That sounds like it would work just fine, if you're never around anyone else who smokes cigarettes. ;)

I haven't been able to fully quit yet, but an e-cig helped me cut down a lot at least...

I mean, I've basically been choosing not to quit completely because my significant other still smokes so I guess I haven't wanted it badly enough. But when I do finally quit, I know that e-cig will help me get through the cravings and the 'oral fixation' deal. :p

14. yeah dude you need help, you cant do this alone, well you can but it helps to have support, tell everyone you know that you are quitting and ask them to help you out.... simply by reminding you. my friend did ths and it works. he also gave permission for us to take a cig from him if we saw him smokin,,, which i actually did once, lol he looked pissed.lmao if people make you feel guilty about it it might help GoodLuckBlade

15. Good fuckin luck man, i was hooked on the needle and that shit was easier to quit than cigarettes are. Still havent stopped smoking, probably never will.

16. Black & Milds

17. Its gonna have to be the lot of pot method.

18. hook them up to a bomb so if u smoke you blow up