Best way to NOT get high?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by longhorns2422, May 23, 2010.

1. Bong. Less harsh on the throat/way down. You can basically light it for her and get it in there, and all she has to do is inhale. Don't milk it too much.

Get a video camera. You might like this. :D

The point of her doing the MJ is to get high to get rid of her migranes.

Do you have any heavy indica? Might be best for her.

Environment is key in this as well. That will ensure she won't freak out.

Get dad to do it too.

2. Edibles probably would do the trick but if I were you I wouldn't want to go through all the trouble just to get my mom buzzed once.

Roll a nice tight joint. Take it slow and everything will be fine. She probably wouldn't want to do it any other way.

3. Make an apple pipe, your mother will get a kick out of it. Have her take two hits, and then stop. This will most likely be enough to give her relief from her migraine due to her zero tolerance.

4. I don't know why you say edibles are to risky. I'm sure the affects differ by person but every MMJ patient i've talked to say edibles just give a body high. If you meant if they eat to much we'll she'd fall asleep so her migraine would be gone, it's a win win i think right? :) The OP said he doesn't want to get his mom high so i vote for edibles there harder to prepare/make but seems the best to me in this situation. Which ever you choose hopefully your mom enjoys it and helps her. :wave:

5. First I would try to get a vaporizer for her. Otherwise have her take two or three light hits off a joint. Wait a half hour, and see if she'd like to take another 3 or 4 hits, and wait a little longer before smoking again. Better to take too little at first than too much. I'd give her the best weed I could find, I figure the less I smoke, the healthier.
    IMO, a new person could hit the pipe or bong too hard, there's a little amount of control you have to develop.

6. Ey my mom wants to try too ! Has mad stress. But yeah man, our shits to strong for them. My mom thought i pissed in my room once. Id say roll a jay, and let her take 1-2 hits and you kill the rest in front of her to show her there aint nutttin wrong wit it. If anything just get a piece. but jay ftw !

7. Id either go with a joint or what I did my first time- EDIBLES :D

8. How was your first time edible experience? Super high, or what?

9. I say joint. It's the easiest to control how much smoke you're taking in.

10. i say go with a j or pipe. it wouldn't be hard for her to smoke a j even if she hasn't ever smoked cigs. as for a pipe, i think this would be the best way, its easy preperation, just pack a bowl and release the carb. it would take practice for her to learn how to roll a j if she ever wanted to smoke it up by herself. (or with other noob smokers)

11. I would recommend a bong or a vape. Unless she's a smoker, you don't want to turn her off with the harsh way of having this medicine in a pipe.

12. If you do have her use a pipe, you could always just put in a little pinch, enough for a light hit. That way she can't take too big a hit, and it always tastes great since there's no ash being burned.

• OP:
    • DID SHE SMOKE?
    • :p

13. I don't know, in my experience edibles have been quite intense. Obviously if she only eats a tiny bit this should be avoided, but the problem is if for some reason she has eaten too much, she won't know until there's nothing she can do about it. If you just smoke it and take a 5 minute break after each hit or two it's a lot easier to manage exactly how high you get. With edibles you never know, each person responds differently, especially since she's a complete novice. Just eating a bit should work, but edibles are more of a guessing game to get the desired intensity, whereas assessing the situation after each hit is a much more reliable way to judge how high you are/want to be in my opinion. Plus waiting 45 minutes for it to set in and your migraines to go away doesn't sound fun.

14. More importantly then how much she smokes and all that, is that your both relaxed in achill enviorment with no interuptions. Put on some mellow tunes, explain to her to first relax, and how to inhale and use your piece. Have hertake 3 small hits from a dry pipe, then wait 20-30 minutes, ask her how she feels, and just go from there. Make sure shes got some water within reach while smoking, make sure she doesn't smoke on an empty stomach.

15. definitely use a bong. a bong can seem intimidating, but its the best the way to smoke what you want when you want. for joint and blunts, you have to smoke a considerable amount of bud for it to burn correctly. Pipes are just as convenient as bongs, but may be to harsh for her. with a bong you can smoke almost any amount. you can smoke anything from .1 g to 1g. So if your concerned about not getting "high", and instead want a "buzz", just pack a small .1 bowl of that dank you have in a bong.

16. i would have to agree with everyone else that said Joint. easy to smoke... just have you her and your dad at your house doing something they'd normally do. Like watch a good movie or something like that and she'll probably not freak out.

17. Just to update with you guys,

She has not smoked yet, the migraines thankfully stopped, for now. It's just a matter of time until they pop up again but I'll be sure to be ready. I'm baking brownies tomorrow with my girl, mainly for us, but who knows if it may help my mom so I'm saving a few. When the big day rolls around, if I don't end up having a vape, I'll probably go with a joint/blunt, she was a smoker before she had me and my sister, so she should know how to inhale. Once she realizes its effectiveness, I'll try and convince her to work on those tinctures that Toasty thankfully advised me with, she'd love them! We're persian, so if she can add a little drop to some chaii at night when her head hurts to put her to sleep, I'd sleep a proud son! Thanks for all the help guys, when the day comes around I'll definitely open up another thread, or bring this back, to let you know how it all went. Fucking love GC! :wave: