best way to learn quadratic function.

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by McGlovin, Nov 30, 2011.

1. So high.

Anybody know a good song, or something?

2. Sit down for meditation but instead of focusing on nothing, repeat the formula in your head as if it were a mantra. After even ten minutes you should have it memorized. As well as memorizing that using the discriminant will determine whether or not an expression can be factored. Visualize :smoke:

3. Learn how to derive it by completing the square.

4. #4 shaggyflasko, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2011
    Pop goes the weasel. X equals negative B, plus or minus the square root, of B squared minus 4 A C, All over 2 A! Got 'em. Lines don't work so I used commas.

5. It's not a difficult thing to memorize. Just get it down and be done with it.

6. say it then close your eyes and say it while trying to picture what it looks like on the paper. repeat 13 times and it's with you forever.

7. Meditate upon this lol

[​IMG]

8. This was the rhyme they taught us in high school algebra

9. Wow so y'all remember this by saying it?

It's completely visual for me.

10. It's the best by far. Upon seeing this thread title, the song immediately played in my head even though I haven't thought about this whatsoever for at least 8 years. :hello:

The weird part is that it isn't even a rhyme. I guess if you just say something to a well-established rhythm, it latches onto that part of your memory that for whatever reason simply can't forget a catchy song lol.

11. Learned that song sophmore year... Algebra 2 and Trigonometry.