Best way to grow?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by NJtoker187, Nov 14, 2007.

1. I am trying to boost my yeilds and find the best way to grow cannabis.
    So in your opinion or fact, what is the best way to grow for quantity and quality? Lsting, scrog, SOG, topping, ect....

I have read and seen plenty of grows of different methods but which is the most preffered/best.

Thanks for your input

NJ

2. Hmm kinda depends on a lot of things, for instance if you are trying to do a big grow and you cant put in much work, a soil grow would be easier than trying to manage all of that in an aero or hydro setup... in my opinion of coarse.

Yeild wise, I believe that if you use an aeroponic setup ( gets most oxygen and nutes to roots in the right amount to the best of my knowlege) while topping and using other techniques such as stem twisting, you can get the most bud per plant.

I know thats still kinda broad but hope it helps. Try explaining further exatly what you are trying to do, you may be able to get more help : )

3. Thanks^

But nobody else has an opinion on the best way to grow?

4. If you feel comfortable with growing hydoponics, do that. Plants grow fast, and big. But I think its all a personal opinion. Ive seen very nice large soil grows and equally nice hydro grows.

5. You will get as many answers as there are growers. Its all a matter of opinion. Thats all it comes down too. Each has there pros and cons and neither is better than the other. Ive seen pounds come off of soil and pounds come off of hydro. Its all a matter of preference. I know this isnt the answer you are looking for, you want someone to say one or the other but you wont get that. People that grow soil will say soil and poeple that grow hydro will say hydro. The answer is...both are equal.

6. If you havent done any grows yet I highly recomend you start with soil because the yeild you get there is equal to or greater than the yeild you will get from doing hydo wrong, if you are like me your first hydro grow will give you a grand total of 0 yeild hehe im still learning. But soil is easy as cake. Good luck.

7. Hehehe, i think the saying is "easy as pie" and no soil isnt easy as pie. Both soil and hydro have their own difficulities. While soil may be a little more forgiving of mistakes, its not easy. I would suggest starting with soil. You may like it and not want to even try hydro. But i would start with soil, learn how to grow, what plants do, how they act, etc etc then try hydro. That way you can see which you like better. You will learn the pro's and con's of each.