Best way to get kief out of a grinder?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by dfernan, Sep 21, 2009.

1. I just wash the kief away in my sink under running water.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. You had better be kidding here fella lol

3. Nope, not really. Hot water works best fella.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. why wouldn't you just smoke it? i wouldn't just run the hot tap on my grinder with loads of kief in it?
    i thought u wanted to get the kief out not clean it out lol. 

im gonna try the iso method probably later as ive got like 4 grinders that need cleeeeaning as they dont even turn anymore!
    may aswell try and keep something from it

5. I always use the tiny brush that comes with most facial grooming electric shaver kits to get my Keif out and to just brush it into a pile. The Keif doesn't cling to the brush at all either :)

6. dose anyone know where i can buy iso from in the uk?

7. any pharmacy I would think

8. When you press it sense it's a lot more condensed the THC degrades.. best to smoke it asap just my 2 cents

9. Pharmacy, convenient store, grocery stores. If for some reason you can't find it in the UK (it's everywhere in the u.sa) then you can order some online for a good price.

10. nice one guys thank you

11. i know this has already been answered,but i used to put my metal grinder in the freezer overnight then pull it apart and smack each piece on my desk a few times,seems to get the kief off pretty well

12. It helps if you put your grinder in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.  Once the kif is more solid, brittle, and less sticky it comes off a lot easier.  I used to do this all the time. 
    Another helpful technique I used was to rub the tip of a key or a knife to vibrate the screen, works like a charm.  My grinder never got too much build up.

When you do have a plentiful amount of kif and need to load it in style, I make exotic wood scoopers.  Some are even small enough to be stashed in the grinder.  Perfect for sprinkling some goodness on your bowl.  If you like unique, excellently crafted pieces, one of these is right up your alley.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/167177275/canary-wood-pollen-box-scooper?ref=shop_home_active
    [​IMG]

13. Tap the grinder together that's what I do

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

That's cool man. For me, I use the scraper that came with the grinder to put it in a pile then I use a fat soda straw to scoop it out (McD's soda straws work best for me as they are fatter). After a few sessions doing this (and making some nice hash "smarties"), I'll soak the disassembled grinder in iso 91% for a few minutes. Then rinse in warm water and let dry. I too make little iso tar-balls once evaporated.

15. cut a 2-3" piece off of a McDonalds straw and you're good to go :) the perfect kief scoop!

16. Sorry it's a tad late; if your still looking I got 1 litre of ISO for 6.00 free postage :) that bottle will last me a lifetime too

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Sound. Where from?

18. im going to get some this coming monday 

19. I got mine on eBay; just type in ISO; grab 1 litre; it will Last you months :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. [quote name="FreshlyBaked" post="19011398" timestamp="1384892191"]I got mine on eBay; just type in ISO; grab 1 litre; it will Last you months :)
    Oh yeah. Why have i not thought of ebay. Sweet

Sent from my spaceship using Grasscity Forum