Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

best way to get kief/make hash...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by monkeynuts, Mar 21, 2013.

1. hey guys,ive just started to make my own hash but in smaller amounts..
    ive just rencently bought myself a fairly good kief press to get a better product.

im picking up a Qtr to grind up and put towards making hash.
    now my questions is...

how much kief should i expect to get out of a Qtr of bud.

also what is the best way to get kief out of the bud?
    i just go with puting a dime coin in the middle part of my grinder and put it in the freezer,then shake consistently after i take it out.

2. If you use this method you will get the most. First fill your grinder and put a clean quarter in it. (I prefer a quarter over any other coin since its bigger and knocks harder). Then put your grinder in the freezer for 15 minutes. Take it out and knock the side of it on the palm of your hand for about ten minutes. Repeat this until you have ground all your bud up. You can expect to get three to for times as much keif this way. And the amount you get depends on the bud you have.

3. Don't put a dime in your grinder. That only knocks more plant matter into your kief, making it a lower potency. You just have to be patient when you make hash, every time I rushed the hash making process, I always came out with mediocre quality, but whenever I took my time, the end results were always amazing.

4. I personally am not picky enough to care about minute particles of plant in my kief; it's still gonna get me very very high. And even if I did care, I'd say the tradeoff to get 3 to 4 times as much kief is worth it