Best way to germinate

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bun Bee, Nov 9, 2010.

1. I am a new grower and would like advice on the best method to successful germinate seeds

2. as always, i agree with this. read the stickies and youll find that most of your growing questions are answered. with that said. i like the plastic baggie and paper towel method best. lol youll have to read how to do it. only because if i tell you, you wont read the stickies. but its too easy

3. Theres the paper towel method the paper cup method and what i like to call the Johnny apple seed method... LOL where u just put it in the soil and water it. I'm still learning to iv'e been researching for like a year now and feel like iv'e only scratched the surface. The key to a successsful grow is... Research,Research, Research. Good luck man and there are alot of very good gardeners on here that will guide you theough the wonderful and exciting world of Cannabus... Good Luck.

4. Personally, I prefer the shot glass method.

5. #6 DankSeeker, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2010
    I'm having good success with Jiffy Seeding Soil under a humidity dome. Read a good deal of soil growers prefer this method, because it's simple and handles the seedling very little, thus increasing viability especially for us new growers.
    Haven't done any clones into seeding soil, yet, but I understand it also has a very high success rate.
    Makes sense if you think about it, becuase everything a seed needs is onboard. Give it water and neutral media to sprout and let it do its thing.
    Simple is usually better, especially when you factor in experience.

6. yes, i use Jiffy pucks. but i still start my seeds in paper towel and baggie. that way, i know my seeds have cracked and you dont have to disturb them to check on them like you would in soil.

i prefer rockwool for seed starting, and cloning, but its hard to come by where i live, so i just use the jiffy pucks and humidity dome. they are a little slower on the cloning side, because they are harder tell what the moister is inside, and the pucks retain temperature better than rockwool, and you need to keep them warm for cloning. i still have 100% success with jiffy pucks, seeding and cloning, so i say go for it.