Best way to germinate seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MasterOG, May 30, 2011.

1. Lots of people I'm sure will disagree with me but I've been growing since I was 13, I'm 23 now and every seed I start I put it straight in the ground, not all of them sprout up but the stem is always thicker from the get go, but it's your choice
    Good luck :D

2. I've successfully germinated many seeds just by wrapping them in a damp paper towel and letting them sit in a dark place.

3. Interesting about the thicker stems. I'll have to check that out next year with a comparison grow. If I don't just totally switch to clones. This year I've got half bagseed, and half clones.

4. #24 TheReeferMan01, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    If you can clones are certainly the way to go, I'm not big into it but my brother helped me with some 2 Years ago and we got just under 200 clones off of one plant

5. Must have been a bushy mother plant! I'm working on my cloning skills. The 10 I just cut are looking good so far at 4 days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they root. If I perfect my cloning, I'm going all clones from now on. They are way easier to grow, and so much better for impatient people like myself.

6. Im interested in cloning but im afraid ill end up fucking up my plant lol. Plus my plants are autoflowers, i dont even think you can clone with those?

Regardless i have only 3 seeds to grow so i have to make fucking SURE that nothing goes wrong lol

7. #27 TheReeferMan01, Jun 3, 2011
    It was a beautiful plants, she was probably nine feet tall, he had her in his garage with a hydroponic system, that was the best year I ever had, and with your cloning are you using a root suplement or just just putting the stem in water letting roots start that way?

8. #28 TheReeferMan01, Jun 3, 2011
    Three seeds, I wouldnt recommend you trying to clone them, If it's not good and healthly and If you do it improperly it could possible kill your plant, but with 3 seeds I would recommend you topping your plants and then super cropping them, more and bigger buds

9. I just used a rooting powder, but I don't have any rooting solution in the water. I still need to buy some. I have some in the bubble cloner and some in rapid rooters to compare efficiency.

10. Yeah auto flowers aren't good for cloning, but if you ever had a chance to grow some other clones, they are the fastest way to go. I wouldn't top them. Autoflowers like to have one main cola and don't grow long enough to do much branching. They don't really like topping usually.

11. This is going to be my first grow, so i just wanted to keep everything fast, safe and simple. I wont start topping, fimming, lst'ng, etc. until maybe my next grow. This is kind of a test run lol

12. I put in 23 seeds but split up in two different bags.

13. LST is gonna prove useful.

14. I know, but i heard with feminized seeds stressing the plant could cause it to hermie, which is something i def dont want lol

15. I germinate my seeds in paper towels on the cool side of my 600 watt Hps reflector and I get about an 80% germ rate