Best Way to germinate Autoflowering seeds?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by God808, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Like germination stations. Like what is the best station set up light, brand, dome, heating pad? The paper towel method? Just putting straight into the medium?

2. I like to throw them in a baggie with banana peels for almost a week and then directly in the medium.

• Like Like x 1
  3. My favorite....Never fails....Soak seeds in a glass of water overnight,or until they sink to the bottom, THEN the damp paper towels.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. A rapid rooter tray with a 10” humidity dome and a thermostat controlled heat pad. It will maintain perfect humidity and temps and in many cases speed up germination time. You do not have to have a light until they sprout at which time you can pot them and put them under your veg light. If you just want one over them then my favorite up to this point has been a 4 bulb t5ho fixture. However you could build a small led fixture that would probably work better for almost as cheap, and cheaper if you consider having to replace bulbs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Could you elaborate. I'm curious

[420:24/7!]

• Like Like x 1
  6. I agree I've gotten 100% germination everytime. And from bag seeds

[420:24/7!]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Been using them for over 25 years - foolproof.
    rapid rooters.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. I soak mine in 10ml distilled water + 10ml 6% hydrogen peroxide for about 24 hours, then bang them straight in a tiny indentation in the medium, which then gets gently covered over, and firmed a tiny bit.

After 24 hours I put the light on, then usually within the next 24 hours she's poking through.

I don't bother with different lights for babies either, I put them under the light they'll finish under, in the same huge fabric pot they'll finish in.

Paper towels work for millions of people, it's time trusted as a method, but I personally don't like either the idea of the root encountering any light, or me having to move it from the towel: I'm not a botanist but doesn't the tap root put out tiny, microscopic fibrous roots, and does removing the seedling from the paper disturb these?

Have done paper towels before, but the soak then sew method works for me, plus it's one less step and therefore closer to the path of least work, less resistence, most laziness....

• Like Like x 1