Best way to fix bong? Gorilla Glue, Epoxy or...??

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by toastytoast, Oct 18, 2009.

1. I actually checked out something similar at a pet store. This is a great idea, thanks. I'm going to go to a hardware store tomorrow and ask someone there what would be better. Is the bond with glass silicone as strong as with epoxy? And is it heat resistant too? I'm mostly concerned about fumes.
    I have handled glue before and will be quite careful not to use too much.

Also, should I apply it to the joint and the gong piece or only to one of them and then attach the other one on top?

2. Using epoxy will replaced the glass in a way, acting as an extra tube that holds the two joint pieces together. I don't believe you will have to worry about heat as all the heat going through the glass is going through the diffuser and not touching the joint. Silicone will bond the two pieces of glass acting as a medium between the two. You will have to be careful when applying as you don't want to put too much and make sure it's a nice clean seal. Apply the silicone only to the joint and then steadily put on the gong piece, or tack the joint and gong piece with a little bit of superglue, then silicone. I've also heard that they carry glues specifically for glass at craft shops so check that out too.

3. I'd go with epoxy cause you can put extra on there while you're fixing it, and then you can just sand it down to match. I've never used that kind (the plumbing kind), only a kind you buy for crafts that is more like clay, but I really think it will work.

4. So went to the hardware store today, and after a long discussion with a person there, ended up choosing the LePage 5-minute epoxy, there was even aquarium style there, but it said something about toxic vapours and this one was stronger anyway.

I just applied it and the gong part is on the joint perfectly. I am going to let it rest for about 3-4 hours then give it a go. So far it looks quite good and doesn't show noticable signs where it was broken.

I'm gonna be hitting some sour d and northern lights tonight, hopefully my bong will hold up.

Also, will add pics and a guide on how to do this soon

5. Good shit man glad you found a solution. Definitely get that diy up.

6. I suggest you try and use enough epoxy so it barely overflows. Then, you can sand it down so your downstem fits perfectly, and you'll have a strong-as-fuck seal. Fumes won't be an issue, because the joint doesn't get hot when you're smoking.

7. Wait a minute..

8. Yeah man thats what I ended up doing, put a small line of it on the joint then attached the gong piece and had slight overflow, quickly cleaned up the stuff in the inside and then slightly smeared it on each side.

Let it dry for 5-6 hours then gave it a go, and wow its back! Works perfectly. :cool:
    Thanks for the advice everyone.

9. just get your joint repairs done for $40 at www.kindcreations.com . Its where I went to get the joint on my bubbler welded back on and the joint on my roor ash catcher. They're real fast on orders. It just took a week to get mine back. That includes me shipping it out them repairing it and shipping it back.

10. The joint on my bong broke, luckily it was in large enough pieces that I was able to superglue them together (with the downstem in the joint to prevent the pieces from just falling in), then wrapped Mighty Putty around it. It's not 100% airtight, but it certainly still works just fine

11. How did you end up fixing it? I have a broken Meticulous right on the same spot....I was wondering should I just fork out 50-60 bucks and get it replaced via Glassblower? Thanks

12. #32 janggeungulk, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
    I have used the E600 Rubber adhesive to stick rubber products, this is the best adhesive and it stick with in a seconds.

13. If you find the right blower a repair is only 20-30. How is that to much when that is the minimum purchase normally for people buying weed

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Can't wait to see some photos of the repair!

Glad you got it back together.

I had a belly base crack on another roor I had. I was working so hard at a site that I just ending up giving it to someone else that was willing to deal with it, I didn't have the time.

15. Throw up some photos!

16. How'd you end up fixing it?

17. Not sure dear

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Hey, so I looked around a bunch of forums and didn't ever find a good answer to this question. I had an issue of my own and ended up giving this a try with great success.

You can see where I made the repair. The whole tube broke clean around at the beaker. I followed the directions on the package and it's held up great with no leaks. 20180905_005443.jpg