Best way to feed? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stealthsmokerman, Mar 3, 2014.

1. OK my nutrients are in gallon water jugs and I noticed that when I feed or pour them in it makes like a crater in the soil and doesn't really spread out and I have tried a flower watering plastic thing with the shower head on the tip lol but that splashes nutes and water everywhere.

Is there any advice any vets could give?

Thanks for reading my brothers and sisters. Toke on *bongin*

If I must only have a little bit of something I want the best

2. Pour slower and pout around the entire top of the soil not just one spot. The soil will naturally compress as you wet it but pouring to fast all in the same spot Is what will cause the depression only in one spot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. save the gallon bottle lid and drill holes in it.......

• Like Like x 1
  4. Btw I like to pour and go in a circle around the base of the plant, let all that water soak in then repeat till done

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Or duct tape the opening and put some holes in it.

6. OMG that is so simple... Why didn't I think of that?.

Dude thanks I'm going to do that now

If I must only have a little bit of something I want the best

7. #7 Hypoxic, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
    Hydro shops sell hand pump pressurized sprayers that have fully adjustable nozzle heads. Picked up my 1 gallon Rain Maker for $17 and it can do fine mist to strong stream. Love it and it works 1000000x better than the old plastic watering can I had. I also spend prolly 15 min at least slowly watering each plant vs just quickly dumping it in...I let it soak in and start working through the soil before dumping more water in the pot. When I got good at it no more craters like you said.

Here's the brand I got

image.jpg