Best way to dry cannabis?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DarkEchooo, Jul 26, 2016.

1. I'm wondering I read paper bags are really good but hanging is also good but mixed reviews does anyone know or can help?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I'm trying both to see but I wanna know so I can cut the rest or something

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #2 lotek590, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    depends a lot on your humidity and time of year. During the summer I can hang till the cows come home and nothing is getting dried until fall. I like shredded paper in wooden crates with slats. Both for drying and sort of curing. That's all I do, no jars.
    I do hang until I get around to trimming.

3. paper bags in what 'old blades' used to use to cure their weed

wrapping un dried plant matter in paper bags is seriously dumb

consider the likely effect of mold, and ur health ..?

better is to find a stable warm and low lit location

string a fishing line, and hang buds from it.. 10-14 days?

many noobs like to hang above the light in their tent..?

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  4. the best bud i dried was in a paper sack, with a layer of bud, and then another paper sack several times..

5. Well I put like 4 nugs in the paper bag and had it drying for 3 days previously so I wouldn't get all moldy and then I have a closet [​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. There's plenty of info on the subject and there is a harvesting section of the forums with some nice stickys.

You're going to want to dry it either hanging or in one of those drying racks. Most people I know are using the drying racks these days instead of hanging. It's the same idea either way. You want the buds to be dry enough to smoke before they go into a curing jar. There is some debate about when to manicure the buds wet or dry and how long to leave the buds on the large stems. Some hang the large stems for the first few days, then manicure the buds and dry rack them until they're ready to smoke then they go into a jar.

In an older grow video I had the guy would take a large cardboard box and run fishing line through it below the top. He would hang all of the buds on the line from the lowest bud branch and so they don't touch each other. He would close the box and poke several 1/2 or so holes in both sides of the box and then place a fan blowing low near the holes so it blew a slight breeze through the box. I'm thinking of trying this idea.

Even after that sometimes they have to be removed from the jar after the first day or two and hung back up because the moisture comes to the surface when they're jarred.

There is also the water cure method and other neat tricks.

One of the stickies talks about running paper bags through a paper shredder then layering buds and shredded paper bags as a mid stage after about 3 days of hanging. It sounded interesting and better than layering whole paper bags or other paper bag methods.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I hang my girls in a dark closet for 3 to 4 days, then cut off all of the buds and put them in a paper bag until dry to the touch. Then, I put them all in a quart mason jars to cure. Works like a charm!

Sent from Cannabis Heaven