Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best way to Cure?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Metalace, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Hey i was wondering if using a foodsaver vacuum sealer is good for aging weed? Or is the mason jar with the seal top the best way to go? Well i suppose the Foodsaver would be best if you want to keep it along time. Then break into it a few months later. But then ive always used the mason jar. But i lost a OZ the other day b/c someone found my mason jar. But anyways any ideas?

2. if your curing from a grow then you'll want jars because you have to open the jars daily in the beginning, then weekly, then stop, so if you vacuum sealed them you couldn't open it.

otherwise the vacuum sealer would work but wouldn't be ideal for short term usage, just get jars.

but if your planning on not needing the bud for 1 month+ i would say vacuum seal it. a friend of mine bought an ounce, vacuum sealed a half and smoked the other. when he opened it the buds were as fresh as the day he put them in.

3. No they were already cured when i bought it. I just like to age my weed more for flavor and a better punch.

4. im pretty sure vacum sealing it defeats the purpose of curing. keep em in those mason jars and just open it for a few hours a day and close it back up until the next day

5. Hmmmm i always used one of those small tuberware contianers and sealed it really good and put it in a dark place for months at a time.

6. mason jars, open em for half an hour everyday for a week, then every two days for a week then jus once a week for a couple of months, perfect

7. I suppose its not curing but aging the weed.