best way to cool a tent

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by bammthis, Apr 28, 2013.

1. I am new to growing and I live in Las Vegas and started my small grow in january hoping to get done by the time the temps reach 100 or more I am 3 weeks short of pulling my crop of 6 plants and the temps are reaching 100 and I need a cheap way to cool my 4 by 4 by 72 tent.I have though of building a misting system but what about fungal problems also there is the power thing to think about. I have found a small chiller that works by electricity alone no coil no compresser Amazon.com: IceProbe Thermoelectric Aquarium Chiller - 4 in. x 4 3/4 in. x 7 1/2 in.: Pet Supplies this what I am talking about.I was thinking of adding this to a evaporative cooler but thats 2 bills min. There is my third option of buying a car radiator a water pump and box fan and the chiller or freezing as many gl milk bottles as I can and wire the fan to the radiator run the water to both ends of the radiator and have a big plastic tub for the water with the frozen bottles or the chiller. I think this would be a fairly easy thing to engineer .I think the total amount spent with out the chiller would be about $50 the box fan $15 used radiator $20 and the pump $10 and then thers the clamps and hoses. I am not 100% sure that this will work to cool the tent even though its not vary big. I could use some help if any one has any experence with this type of thing please please i could use some help now.

2. Other than ducting the hot air out your room with a inline fan, can you run the ac in your home all day? I duct tape some duct to the a/c vents coming out the wall and ran that into the tent so when ever the a/c is on the tent cools. Another option is to go to one of your stores across town and buy something used that is cheap.

3. I have a buddy that grows in tx and he has built one of the chillers like you described and claims it works well the hardest part is containing All the waste or in your case you could recycle it and keep chilling lol as it goes through the system

Also if you want to get crazy get an 8 in and a 6 in cool tube and run chilled water In between the two tubes over the light and through your radiator and then back into the res to be chilled and sent back through

Do you have to have the tent I dropped my tent and my temps dropped 10 degrees in ten min just something to think about
    Sent from iPhone 5