Best way to clean silicone pipes.

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Deleted member 985876, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Hello all, I have a very dirty silicone pipe and I ran alcohol through it but it's not very effective. Should I add salt as if I cleaning a glass pipe? Or is there a better way. If not I'll just continue to rinse it with alcohol.

2. Go to your local head shop and buy some pipe cleaning fluid. Its usually pretty affordable and its definitely worth the investment.

• Like Like x 2
  3. What this should of said

;):laughing:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. I got it all clean like 10 minutes after I posted this.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Silicone as in bendable and shit? Put it in the freeze for an hour, take it out and whack the shit out of it against a wall or something. If it's non bendable silicone the best way would be to find a dumpster and throw it in.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. You have a great point there I bought it because I broke too many glass pieces I drop things all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. soap and water for silicone.
    Don't use alcohol.
    I've got a roll-uh-bowl and the bit of paper that comes with it says soap and water for the silcone parts, alcohol for the metal only and that alcohol will damage the silicone

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. If it's a transparent one clean it every time you use it or you'll see the resin stains. I've soaked that bitch in hydrogen peroxide and it's still stained! HP takes tomato out but not weed...

9. Try cleaning using the isopropanol, that will do the trick..

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. I went to the source (Eyce website) and they specifically said that alcohol can break down and damage the silicone. They suggest soap and warm water. They also suggested freezing it overnight and then bending/cracking off the resin in the morning.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. This pipe's color was faded the day of this post. Iso does ruin the color but, the silcone still bends fine and, the pipe just looks super old now because, the colors are faded.

12. #12 old shol4evr, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    delete

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1