Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best way to clean sherlocks?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Exeter, Nov 30, 2004.

1. I have a sherlock that has a fairly extreme curve in it, the stem is almost but not quite positioned 90 degrees from the bowl and the mouth piece juts out from the stem, like a ladle at another extreme curve. What way have you guys found is the most effective for getting resin out of sherlocks or just plain getting them clean.

2. fromw hat i'm picturing i bet pipe cleaners will work.

3. Rubbing alcohol and rock salt work wonders for my sherlocks. :)

4. Salt and ISO

edit: Looks like Indiana got it before me :Thumbs Up:

here's some rep you're way bro, havent chatted in a while :eek: Keep it easy

5. Yeah the alcohol and salt will completley clean it, if you want to just get the resin out of there because it's clogged and you want to save it then you can work a bendy wire through the bowl carefully and push it out into the stem, then pull it up out of the stem. It can be tricky but key for unclogging without full wash.

6. i have a few more questions to add to this thread.. how long do you guys usually wait to clean out your sherlocks and also does it matter if it's rock salt or not?

7. I usually clean my glass pieces twice a week, since I live in an apartment and I love clean glass pieces. Also, I've never used Rock Salt, but it seems like it wouldn't work nearly as well. Either way, Cheers Sir.

8. one more question if its a CCG sherlock and you clean it will it change back?

9. ^^^ what do u mean change back, to the origanal color?

10. ya if you clean it will it change back to its original color?

11. Of course, its only the darkness from the resin that causes it to change colors, not some magical power that makes it change when you smoke ganja :smoke:

12. I use a paper clip or boiling water. Just stick the pipe in a pot filled with boiling water and let it all clean out the pick it out with tongs or something.

13. If you're going to immerse it in boiling water, why not just immerse it in ISO. Don't have to worry about the heat cracking the glass if it hits the bottom of the pan etc. And i'd scrape it with something soft, QTips work perfect when it's in iso. Also you can then salvage your resin if you want, and make it into "resin-oil" that imo resembles hash oil more than it does just resin. Although not as potent, clearly :smoke:

14. hey guys i didnt want to start a new thread so im gonna rob this one..................my friend has a stone pipe............clogged with resin like no other..........how do u clean it the same way with salt and boiling water/alcohol?.........thanks.........

15. I'd imagine so, don't think some ISO and a bit of salt will do anything to stone. I don't use boiling water for various reasons, so not sure there.

16. Cool, I've been trying to clean my pipe totally forever...

So if I just pour rubbing alcohol and some rocksalt it should work? Do I shake it around in there or what?

17. I put a bunch of ISO in a tupper ware container, enough to basically cover my whole bowl. And I let it sit for maybe 20minutes, then I get a bunch of QTips, and start rubbing where there is still Resin, and it comes off quite easily. I don't use salt because After I'm done doing that, I'll strain the ISO through a coffee filter once or twice, onto a glass plate. Put the plate over a pot of boiling water, let the ISO evaporate, and I'm left with "Resin Oil" Scrape it up, and save it for a desperate day, much cleaner and effecient way of getting high from your resin. Anyways this is dangerous to do inside Because of the flammability of those ISO Fumes. If you're interested in doing this lemme know and I Can make a quick thread on it. Got it off OG a bit ago and been doing it ever since.