Best Way to Clean and Collect an Assortment of Pieces?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Bongathon, May 26, 2010.

1. hey, i have a bunch of smoking devices. They are all getting really dirty and ressed up, so I need to clean them. But I want to collect all that res, so what would be the best way for me to collect resin out of a; bong slide, bowl, metal one hitter, glass one hitter, and steamroller?

the only piece that i have ever cleaned is my bowl and i boiled it and that worked pretty well, so I was thinking about throwing all the pieces in a pot and boiling em. Except for the bong slide, I am not sure if that would damage it. What do you guys think?

2. first off dont try to salvage the resin its nasty and mostly tar anyways, not anything ANYONE should smoke. Second boiling your glass would not be the best way to do it. It will work but it possibly could damage your glass. I would recommend going for isopropyl alcohol and salt method. Just put each piece in its own bag with iso so that it just barely full submerges your pieces, add enough salt to act as an abrasive, and shake. Pretty simple; very effective. Hope this helps.

3. cascade works better than salt if you can get it. also makes it shiny and streak free lol. Uncooked rice works too in larger stuff.

4. Fuck resin, it's mostly tar. Just get a bunch of bottles of high percentage isopropyl alcohol and a carton of Epsom salt.

5. To sum this up, soak the pieces in hot alcohol, then let the dirty alcohol sit out in the open to evaporate, and scrape up what's left...

6. I fill my bong and my bigger spoon with rubbing alcohol and a little rice... plug the ends with your fingers and shake like crazy.. rinse and repeat.

7. buy a bottle of grunge off. you can reuse it and reuse it. one bottle for like 12 bucks should last u a year at least. dont have to shake the glass at all. just let it sit for 20 mins

8. fuck resin? its way better than nothing when your out of weed braw