Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best way to clean Acrylic Bong?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by M_Child666, Jun 6, 2009.

1. #1 M_Child666, Jun 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2009
    So I got me a new acrylic bong and was wondering how I should clean it out. I had me another acrylic bong but due to a fuck up on my part it started getting cracks in it. My mistake was using 90% Alcohol :-/

My apologies, can this be moved to Toking Tools

2. yeah man. i used 91 percent alcohol on my acrylic bong. it cracked it also. why does it do that?

3. I found the only thing that was easy and worked good was steel wool.

4. Alcohol+acrylic=problems.

The easiest way to clean an acrylic bong is to throw it in the garbage:laughing:

Get yourself a nice glass one. Grunge off works well for acrylic because it doesnt melt the plastic. But the way an acrylic is set up, continual use usually leads to it cracking. I was talking to my physics teacher about it (funny stuff). He said that if plastic isn't special treated, even water can cause it to break at a molecular level, which eventually leads to it breaking at our level:D

5. stop at your local shop and grab a bottle of 420 cleaner. I used to be real sceptical about the stuff but for 7 bucks you can clean tons of bowls and literally all you do is spray it in shake it up and rinse. easiest thing ever and your piece will look like you just bought it.